The secret to switching Sled Brands

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JUST RIDE THE FREAKIN THING!!!

Seriously.. I had such a blast.. there was maybe 5 minutes of adjustment time, and BANG it was on baby. I forgot I was on a 162 even. Switching Brands is more mental than anything. Sure there are going to be differences, but the way the sleds are designed today, each mountain sled is simply Awesome.

2013 Arctic Cat Proclimb M800 162"
I was totally humbled. I loved this sled so much I named him...
Antonio... (said in a sexy Italian voice).
Laid over like a dream, maintained side hills wickedly, and I could climb like a mofo.

I super enjoyed the extra oomph this chassis Brings. My machine has the
"Get er Done" kit Marc developed which includes modified gearing and clutching.
The Slydog Powder Hounds were wicked!

I loved the track.. It had a Camo Extreme track which seemed to really dig in, when I was climbing, and gave me good float in the deep stuff.

Within Minutes I was able to lay it over when I wanted to. I was dropping down a drainage and needed to quickly switch my course. I was able to bulldog it over, walk it horizontally to where I wanted to be, then continue my drop through the trees. It was only at the bottom I remembered I was on a totally different sled.
I do have to work on my down hill powder Carves. It will take a bit of practice to develop the fluidity as I had with my pro, but sidehilling, and maintaining my sidehill was a dream! Jumping was fun, even with the longer track.

And I do have to say.. yet again... I love MY Job, and a HUGE thank you to T and T powersports for giving me this opportunity!

Braaap On Baby!
Trish Cat 1.jpg
Trish Cat4.jpg
Trish Cat 2.jpg
Trish Cat 5.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its gotta be all them muscles girl!!!!!

And I can feel every single one of them today. We rode So hard.. Yesterday was head down arse up ride day to the point of exhaustion. I almost couldn't grip anymore as my arms were happily exhausted. A few new bruises i just call my sexy winter Tats....

I am so incredibly happy, thankful and relieved... I didn't know what to expect.. but I can honestly say I'm One happy ecstatic full of WOO HOOO She braaaper for sure!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you are on the M800 with the vertical steering post. When I the tried Proclimb chassis for a day earlier this season, I wasn't a big fan. It had the horizontal steering on it, and I just didn't like it compared to the steering on my Pro.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive heard you can switch from the old m to the iq to the pro to the pro climb quite easily. The doo is the odd man out with the steering.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you are on the M800 with the vertical steering post. When I the tried Proclimb chassis for a day earlier this season, I wasn't a big fan. It had the horizontal steering on it, and I just didn't like it compared to the steering on my Pro.

Yup, vertical Steering post.
It was an easier transition, more familiar for sure. I tried one in 2012 that had horizontal.. it would have taken a bit more getting used to for me. More doo like than Cat/Pro like. I never did ride the XP chassis.. I was on M8s then in 2011/2012 into the Pro RMK chassis.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive heard you can switch from the old m to the iq to the pro to the pro climb quite easily. The doo is the odd man out with the steering.
Some of the Proclimb Ms get a horizontal, some get a vertical (SnoPro and Ltd). It's an option on the Proclimb. The second day of that trip I ended up riding a Nytro, and was much more used to the steering and really liked it. Even with all that weight and crap skis.
Edit: I didn't like the steering, still hated it, but I liked the Nytro more than I liked the Cat. Maybe just because I was having more fun riding that day. Got to do some boondocking instead of just riding around and getting my family unstuck. I really appreciate guides, sledders are like herding cats.

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I can feel every single one of them today. We rode So hard.. Yesterday was head down arse up ride day to the point of exhaustion. I almost couldn't grip anymore as my arms were happily exhausted. A few new bruises i just call my sexy winter Tats....

I am so incredibly happy, thankful and relieved... I didn't know what to expect.. but I can honestly say I'm One happy ecstatic full of WOO HOOO She braaaper for sure!

yup thats a good pain for sure!!!!!!!!! :D

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I reread it 5+ times hoping it said what you prob thought it said :p jk LOL

Pretty much the only thing that isn't! Thank you Chest Protector!!!!!!!! Saved me when I flew over the bars like Super Trish... ahhh good times!! wouldn't trade it for the world!!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust Trish to start another thread we can misinterpret to fit our twisted minds. Glad to hear you were able to get out and ride again, Momma.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust Trish to start another thread we can misinterpret to fit our twisted minds. Glad to hear you were able to get out and ride again, Momma.

Thank you so much. I was sooooooo excited!! Glad to have found my legs on the Cat before the 2014 season!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More from our Wicked Photographer Todd Lander of Misty Mountain Photography

Believe it or not... I actually pulled out of this one!! woo hoo.. yayyy 162 ha haa haa!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep its easy switchin from junk to junk. JUST KIDDING. good read MOM. your right ride the friggn thing

Thanks Bud! I look forward to riding with you in 14! Sounds like we'll head that way a Lot!!

Top Bottom