the reason 2 strokes are better than 4 stroke

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mmmmmm you effn know it man hard as a rock every time i ride hahahaha just messin but ya they are my bike of choice over any of the many backfiren kick your guts out boggy 4 strokers ive rode maybe someday they will make one that changes my mind but hasnt come out yet

hahaha yeah i'm the same way just with four strokes my bike of choice. lol

stuie

Reaction score
hahaha yeah i'm the same way just with four strokes my bike of choice. lol

hahaha right on hows that KTM work anyway does it have the hyd. clutch im thinkin about grabin one of the 300 sx 's this year if i ever get a job and quit messn around all the time

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha right on hows that KTM work anyway does it have the hyd. clutch im thinkin about grabin one of the 300 sx 's this year if i ever get a job and quit messn around all the time

love the KTM stuie its a blast and so reliable plus it comes with like 2500 bucks worth of aftermarket parts like rims and exhaust...if you buy brand new it has 90 day warranty so thats good well worth the money.:d:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...id get to the top and wait for you....

Whatever you say....:)

maybe you need more horses and longer wheelbase because your riden a 4 stroke?....

Nope - just got tired of not being able to climb the big hills on my big 2 stroke or flipping over backwards when it got really steep so I stepped up to something more appropriate.

4 stroke = torque.

Torque is what is going to spin your wheel at low rpms and most hills we climb, well....you just can't be shifting all the time to keep your bike in that 1,500 rpm powerband.

....where are these little hills you speak of located??
.....southern BC. I'll be out there in 3 weeks, I'll bring you some pics back. :)

stuie

Reaction score
love the KTM stuie its a blast and so reliable plus it comes with like 2500 bucks worth of aftermarket parts like rims and exhaust...if you buy brand new it has 90 day warranty so thats good well worth the money.:d:beer:

awesome man 90 day is that a full warranty on everything and anything two of my friends back in 08 bought bikes one crf450 and one yzf450 both bikes were blown up within two weeks the dealers said too bad so sad nothing we can do ta help

stuie

Reaction score
Whatever you say....:)

Nope - just got tired of not being able to climb the big hills on my big 2 stroke or flipping over backwards when it got really steep so I stepped up to something more appropriate.

4 stroke = torque.

Torque is what is going to spin your wheel at low rpms and most hills we climb, well....you just can't be shifting all the time to keep your bike in that 1,500 rpm powerband.

.....southern BC. I'll be out there in 3 weeks, I'll bring you some pics back. :)

hahaha nice thats cool when i go to BC i ride in kelowna or kamloops havent toured much more than that yet i was thinking of extendin the swing on that 500 of mine but un sure if its worth the cost did you do build yours yourself? the 500 wants to climb just about anything i point it at but staying with it as it goes is a problem

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome man 90 day is that a full warranty on everything and anything two of my friends back in 08 bought bikes one crf450 and one yzf450 both bikes were blown up within two weeks the dealers said too bad so sad nothing we can do ta help

yeah pretty much every other brand has no warranty when they leave the dealer so i thought this was a good idea to back your product up and have warranty.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha nice thats cool when i go to BC i ride in kelowna or kamloops havent toured much more than that yet i was thinking of extendin the swing on that 500 of mine but un sure if its worth the cost did you do build yours yourself? the 500 wants to climb just about anything i point it at but staying with it as it goes is a problem

Yep I built the swingarm. We had to since we pretty much changed a big portion of the sub-frame to make the motor fit. The swingarm mount needed to be re-located and then we had to change the upper shock mount, etc etc. so after it was all said and done we had to custom build the swingarm. But if you are looking to lengthen your stocker, you can buy extensions out of the states for cheap for most bikes out there. If you are serious about stretching it, let me know and I can find a link for you.

stuie

Reaction score
ya for sure modman send a link there always good to look at i m doing the top end in the 500 thinkin about stelling the linkage and such things for the 250 because there falling apart so would be good to look into now that i have free time and parts missing ha ha

and clint thats wicked sound like they have a good product and willing to stand behind it hope i can get a 300 this year or maybe just try one and see what its like might be better off getn another 500

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya for sure modman send a link there always good to look at i m doing the top end in the 500 thinkin about stelling the linkage and such things for the 250 because there falling apart so would be good to look into now that i have free time and parts missing ha ha

and clint thats wicked sound like they have a good product and willing to stand behind it hope i can get a 300 this year or maybe just try one and see what its like might be better off getn another 500

the exc 530 looks pretty snappy but its a four stroke lol! :d:beer: yeah i heard those 300's friggen rip!

69er

Reaction score
a buddy has a 04 kx250f, with all the procircuit upgrades and it rips:beer: you dont notice the weight with all that power, personnaly i like 4 strokes a little more

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its all personal prefrence, I like my 2 stroke 250 for the snap of the powerband and feel of the bike. My buddy likes his 4 stroke 450 for the tourque and clean power all the way through. Check out Renner (2stroke) and Carmichell (4stroke) at Xgames stepup. They share a gold,

stuie

Reaction score
the exc 530 looks pretty snappy but its a four stroke lol! :d:beer: yeah i heard those 300's friggen rip!

a friend of mine is lookin at geting one of those 530's i belive will have to try it out ha ha you should see the mess i made of my 500 and that the low rider i made outa my 250 if i had pics id show but just idmaagin the lingage snapin and i was pretty much riden on the back tire ha ha still got me up the hill climp a little snakey but mader ha ha and the 5000 the pistion granadeed wow so much chunks everywhere

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine is lookin at geting one of those 530's i belive will have to try it out ha ha you should see the mess i made of my 500 and that the low rider i made outa my 250 if i had pics id show but just idmaagin the lingage snapin and i was pretty much riden on the back tire ha ha still got me up the hill climp a little snakey but mader ha ha and the 5000 the pistion granadeed wow so much chunks everywhere

hahaha that sucks!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool alot of good info in your post i just got my CR500 and am loven every sec of it what kind of riden are you into? im taken that 500 to bc the first chance i get for some hill climbs what are you geting for a top speed out of the 450 geared like that?
sorry for taking so long to respond, got banned for a bit there.....nice work bbtoys....:rolleyes:

I ride a lot of hills and single track up here, it's street legal but I don't ride a lot on the pavement. with that gearing, my top speed is just over 100mph, the max speed on my Vapor says 174km/hr.

pics from sunday past, tried this one a few times without success.....it's steeper than a cow's face.....:eek:
pics198Medium.jpg

pics191Medium.jpg

pics108Large.jpg

I think I could've made it on Modman's stretched climber.....:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back man!!!! LOL -thought maybe you were gone for good. Good little climb you got there.

New paddles are coming for the hillclimber, will send a pic once the new rubber is installed. You will like it I'm sure :D

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back man!!!! LOL -thought maybe you were gone for good. Good little climb you got there.

New paddles are coming for the hillclimber, will send a pic once the new rubber is installed. You will like it I'm sure :D
thanks Mod.....can't wait to see it. that thing is BADAZZ! :beer:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding a decked out RM 250, but wanted more power. Thought I would be 2 stroke for life, until I rode a CRF450. Went and bought one a week later... Until someone builds a brand new 500 smoker (other than the service honda) I will buy one. But, no 2 stroke can touch a new 450..

This thread is killing me with the clearly misinformed, delusional minds of those who know no better. Some of you need to get out and try a CR500R or a KX500. I left the 4 stroke camp for a 500. Until you ride one, you'll never experience the feel of arm wrenching power. Never had a 450 or 520 even come close to keeping up with my CR, especially on hill climbs, my fav.
Until someone builds a stroker that impresses me I'll keep on '' Takin' names & Kickin' ass!! ''

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is killing me with the clearly misinformed, delusional minds of those who know no better. Some of you need to get out and try a CR500R or a KX500. I left the 4 stroke camp for a 500. Until you ride one, you'll never experience the feel of arm wrenching power. Never had a 450 or 520 even come close to keeping up with my CR, especially on hill climbs, my fav.
Until someone builds a stroker that impresses me I'll keep on '' Takin' names & Kickin' ass!! ''

I might have a stroker that could give your 500 a run for its money....;)

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have a stroker that could give your 500 a run for its money....;)

:bow: I'm sure it works good, I've seen and ridden a few that are nice, but in the end it always come out the same....:kickass::beerchug:

Top Bottom