the real caribou problem, not the sledders

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and the wife were watching one strange rock and there was a interesting part in the show. Somewhere forget where but a fellow has to chase the caribou to new feeding grounds because they are to stupid to move themselves. He chases them with a snowmobile OMG lol. Anyway some species are just not meant to thrive, when they all die they will blame humans but it just their brain size that is killing them. If they can’t even find food with out being shown how are they going to reproduce and not get eaten.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and the wife were watching one strange rock and there was a interesting part in the show. Somewhere forget where but a fellow has to chase the caribou to new feeding grounds because they are to stupid to move themselves. He chases them with a snowmobile OMG lol. Anyway some species are just not meant to thrive, when they all die they will blame humans but it just their brain size that is killing them. If they can’t even find food with out being shown how are they going to reproduce and not get eaten.

I saw that as well, it’s almost as if they have become cattle

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A picture speaks a thousand words.
57390216_1986839561426338_7688984185695895552_n.jpg

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ones I have seen are dumber than cattle...hard to believe, but true. They seem to have very a very low survival instinct...less than grouse.

This is the truth! The ones I’ve seen haven’t seemed like the most wiley of critters.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a good thing that our brothers and sisters in the Northern BC region are finally helping us thin them out for good...

Our friends got some nice Woodland bucks on last year's hunt in Northern BC,,, the guided hunts are kinda pricey,,, but well worth the effort...

There were lots to choose from up there,,, Woodland Caribou travel in smaller packs then the Barrein /Tundra,,, but there are alot more groups of them...

The guides have the 2019 tags up for sale right now if your interested it Harvesting a few...

Good times ahead in the quest of feeding our families.

Oh Yha

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D. Deaf. It heard the whistle of 10psi and was never the same again. Everyone thinks it should be watching and listening for the bear but what really happened was he was so busy braaaapping in his head (like we all do) thinking of that whistle that he never saw it coming. This is the whole problem with caribou and snowmobiles. They get addicted just like we do but instead of missing the wife bich about the dirty kitchen from dinner they miss the que of being dinner. It’s tragic really.

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
Lots of caribou around, the mountain caribou is a small subspecies. Would anyone else besides those collecting huge grant money to study them, actually miss them. Culling moose and wolves, to save a few stupid mountain caribou, is a terrible idea. Want caribou, just walk around downtown Jasper, they are everywhere. Walking back to the hotel in the dark, damn near trip over them there are so many, and hard to see laying on the ground at 23:00 hours.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of caribou around, the mountain caribou is a small subspecies. Would anyone else besides those collecting huge grant money to study them, actually miss them. Culling moose and wolves, to save a few stupid mountain caribou, is a terrible idea. Want caribou, just walk around downtown Jasper, they are everywhere. Walking back to the hotel in the dark, damn near trip over them there are so many, and hard to see laying on the ground at 23:00 hours.
No I disagree

Around here, the amount of wolf and grizzlies sign, and lack of any deer-moose , means they are eating every thing

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
Those are elk walking freely around jasper, are they not?

We saw both, spent a week there in August.
Plenty of both right in town, and even more a 2 minute drive from town. We spent 3 days in town at a hotel, but decided to extend our trip, so spent 4 more days in a cabin just barely out of town.

Top Bottom