the OFFICIAL sled deck thread

got smoke?

Reaction score
Looking to throw a deck on my 2003 ECSB Duramax,
was looking at the "x deck" but haven't heard much about them,
anyone running one or have any knowledge about them?

notevensure

Reaction score
Looking to throw a deck on my 2003 ECSB Duramax,
was looking at the "x deck" but haven't heard much about them,
anyone running one or have any knowledge about them?

Hey yeah I have an X deck! works fine for me. I'm on the second year with it and no problems at all. I've heard that some guys have rungs breaking off in their ramps or the back bar breaking off the welds but I know a couple people with them and no complaints.

got smoke?

Reaction score
Hey yeah I have an X deck! works fine for me. I'm on the second year with it and no problems at all. I've heard that some guys have rungs breaking off in their ramps or the back bar breaking off the welds but I know a couple people with them and no complaints.

Thanks for the help, is yours powder coated?
Ive heard of people having problems with the decks peeling

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have a 08 ram and i'm wondering what people use to bolt their decks down? For actual bolt size/length whatever!

I made some brackets on a brake and added gussets. My deck is bolted down through the box right to my frame kinda similar to a fifth wheel hitch. I also built a custom slip tank for diesel and gas with pumps at the back end of the deck for filling. I bought boat filler caps which flush mount to the top of the deck for filling. They are water proof so its all good.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made some brackets on a brake and added gussets. My deck is bolted down through the box right to my frame kinda similar to a fifth wheel hitch. I also built a custom slip tank for diesel and gas with pumps at the back end of the deck for filling. I bought boat filler caps which flush mount to the top of the deck for filling. They are water proof so its all good.

I would very much like to see some pictures of this setup, if possible!

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scored an awesome deal today. Got a near mint shorty marathon with a brand new extension still in the packaging.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332125107.184496.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332125107.184496.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 629
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332125119.357989.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332125119.357989.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 625

assaultbear

Reaction score
I have a X Deck that works great. 2 trips from Winnipeg-Revy-Winnipeg this winter. Best ramp I've loaded on. Deck is peeling in places so only issue I have with it.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does everyone bolt in their Marathon decks? I have mine bolted in with 4x4 plates underneath and first time with 2 sleds on it and the box was flexing soo bad the deck was moving about a half inch and hitting the tailgate. Thinking about throwing in a strip of 1/4" plate across the box

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is bolted down. Thru the leg and a piece of 3/4" plywood, down thru the box and a 4x4 plate on the bottom. Hasnt moved at all and hasnt beat up the box as the plywood spreads out the weight.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have plywood on mine too but it's still pulling on the box. I do have a short deck with and extension so that doesn't help but it shouldn't e this bad

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I have last years Full Lotus, and i honestly like it much better than the new model for this year. Shiny black powder coat, removed the bar across the back between the legs so gear just slides in. Super heavy duty, extremely well built deck and ramp. Very happy with my purchase, they were great to deal with.

steigerman

Reaction score
I bought some kits from PA, basically a 3/4" bolt drilled and tapped to 1/2". I have a plywood boxliner that I permanetly mounted the bolts through. I welded 4x6 plates to the feet of my deck. To install the deck all I have to do is set it in place then run the 1/2" bolts into the floor and tighten up, fast and easy, I also have eye bolts that I thread in when the deck is out to tie quads etc in as the plywood deck covered the origonals.

Reaction score
We stopped carrying the Classic Marathon and now only carry the Truckboss. The reasons for this switch are as follows: All interlocking extruded aluminum panel construction, fully anodized, unlimited tie-down points, sealed truck box (keeping in mind that it is a truck box not a submarine), four supporting legs and rail mount construction for maximum weight distribution, and it even makes your truck look good!

Our product takes around 30 minutes to remove, though most of our customers prefer to leave it on due to the fact that their truck now has a sealed storage area, a deck that they can bolt and tie down anything to to their hearts content, and it looks like an OEM accessory

notevensure

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, is yours powder coated?
Ive heard of people having problems with the decks peeling

Yeah mines powdercoated. Some of it has peeled but only because I didn't use side loader bars when side loading and hitting it with winches, ratchet straps etc. Other than that it's good.

As for extensions, I had wes @ cross-trax make one for me. He made it for the marathon classic but will fit the x deck with some minor alterations to the deck. Very minor but you have to pull the deck open and redrill new holes in the sides of the deck because the marathon deck must be wider than the xdeck. It's only like 2.5 inches on each side, like i said very minor. I would reccomend it to anyone, works like a charm and flips up when not in use.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross-trax has stepped up to the plate and built a deck extension that fits onto the classic marathon.

Top Bottom