the OFFICIAL sled deck thread

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Storage and function was key to me. I looked at Marathon, and STF, and a few others, then I decided to design and build my own deck. It has telescopic sides, bobtail, one piece ramp, and TONS of storage space. With a Rolling cargobed that you can throw a 5 gallon pail in. I store the one piece ramp in the garage when not in use. It was turnbuckled down, which I know isn't the best... No damage to the box either. All my gear, tools, jerry cans, and even a cooler can go in the back. The cargobed is the best when reaching in for stuff.
marcuso deck0003.jpg marcuso deck0013.JPG marcuso deck0004.JPG marcuso deck0015.JPG cargobed0001.JPG cargobed0002.jpg

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posting some more pics for Culvert

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971738.872382.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971738.872382.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 964
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971752.320215.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971752.320215.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 965
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971766.667738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971766.667738.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 975
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971781.365776.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322971781.365776.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 958

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make a deck with the flip over extension like marathon used to?

Apparently X decks has someone creating one that with little modification will fit a marathon deck. Dont quote me this is what i was told when i called them. Mid December is supposed to be the release date for it, and of course they didnt have a price for me. Im pretty sure its an extension that you are able to load the sled with but again, dont quote me lol.

TeamGreen.. that looks awesome and easy enough to build!

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Storage and function was key to me. I looked at Marathon, and STF, and a few others, then I decided to design and build my own deck. It has telescopic sides, bobtail, one piece ramp, and TONS of storage space. With a Rolling cargobed that you can throw a 5 gallon pail in. I store the one piece ramp in the garage when not in use. It was turnbuckled down, which I know isn't the best... No damage to the box either. All my gear, tools, jerry cans, and even a cooler can go in the back. The cargobed is the best when reaching in for stuff.
View attachment 116456View attachment 116457View attachment 116458View attachment 116459View attachment 116460View attachment 116461

Man that thing looks cleaner than most decks come from the factory.. excellent job man.

Newgen

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have always been interested in a sled deck. Problem is that I have and need a slip tank. I have had an enclosed trailer for years but would rather a deck. Is a deck an option at all with a slip tank? I guess I should probably ask, does anyone know of a slip tank/pump setup with a low enough profile to accommodate a deck?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has an L shaped tank in his truck, it sits just below the top of the box. He used my marathon deck to haul quads and bikes all summer til I made him give it back. He evn offered to buy the deck off me for a pretty penny

Reaction score
Hey guys way back in the day 2000's ish I bought a sled deck from Toy-rak now "lifts and all things toy rack" any way im not a student and I do not have the time to trouble shoot the hydro system for raising and lowing the deck. In reality it only needs 2 yurken valves i believe 150-200 each at PA. I was looking at getting a regular 8foot deck do you know how much something like this would be worth?

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2010 dodge 2500 hemi with a cross trax deck. Fyi i weighed in a 8245 lbs with 2 xp's full of fuel and truck full of fuel. Only thing missing was gear and a passenger in the truck and i believe gvwr is 8800 lbs so i should just be under weight in bc. If it was a diesel i would be overweight for sure.

Wrench900

Reaction score
I have a question. I heard that guys were getting a hard time from the cops in BC for having a long track sled sticking 2 feet past the deck, which on most of our short box trucks.. makes it 4 feet from the tail lights. Point being.. no lights at the end of the track. Truth to this?? If so, what have peeps done?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has an L shaped tank in his truck, it sits just below the top of the box. He used my marathon deck to haul quads and bikes all summer til I made him give it back. He evn offered to buy the deck off me for a pretty penny
How much is a pretty penny? Might sell mine!

notevensure

Reaction score
Hey I have a 7' xdeck and I'm looking for an extension for it. the size of extension doesn't matter as long as it's at least 12". Powder coasted black would be good but I can always get spray on bedliner for it. I'm pretty sure that a marathon classic extension will work on it as well but they stopped selling these. ANy info on this would be greatly appreciated. Just pm or email me @ rogers.justin@syncrude.com.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 7' xdeck and I'm looking for an extension for it. the size of extension doesn't matter as long as it's at least 12". Powder coasted black would be good but I can always get spray on bedliner for it. I'm pretty sure that a marathon classic extension will work on it as well but they stopped selling these. ANy info on this would be greatly appreciated. Just pm or email me @ rogers.justin@syncrude.com.

Alternatively, you could do a search by using the handy search function.

That or you can wait for someone else to do the legwork for you.

GRD

Reaction score
I have a question. I heard that guys were getting a hard time from the cops in BC for having a long track sled sticking 2 feet past the deck, which on most of our short box trucks.. makes it 4 feet from the tail lights. Point being.. no lights at the end of the track. Truth to this?? If so, what have peeps done?

This is true. There is a thread with what guys are doing for lights and stuff. I will look around and see if I can find it.

tokes

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but did Marathon stop making their old style aluminum decks? All I see on their page is their truckboss stuff, which I'm really trying to avoid as it seems like a PITA to get in and out of the truck.

GRD

Reaction score

Found a couple of threads in regards to the length.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/allowable-overhang-sled-sled-deck-bc-29671.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/lenght-sled-hanging-off-sled-deck-38765.html

Top Bottom