The notch

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might have a point there Sean. I'll blame it on my being a prick this past week and my going through nicotine withdrawal. Quit smoking again and that always makes me testy for a while.

Apologies offered, beers accepted.:drink4:

No worries my friend,,, things sometimes read different then they sound.... lol

I know when I wright some things I am thinking quicker then I type so after I re-read my own message I am like wtf??? and I have to write some of it over so it makes sense...

p.s. castle mountain got pounded with 30cms and more this week,, I am off friday maybe the south will be good?????????

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle sounds tempting but I just lined up a new KTM for the dirt so may ride the track this weekend since spring has arrived. If you head to castle, snap some pics. :)

already 40 cms up top,,, more top come,,, just a friday run for me.

Shankster

Reaction score
Was out with Shankster and it was good conditions around the notch. Still a few weeks left but hey if your worried about your sled gettin wet and having to do a couple creek crossings your prob better to stay away. Snow was great in the trees little thin on the bowl faces.

What he said^^^^^Good trip here's a few pics
A special thank's goes out to Stephenson Autobody as I lost my brake lever and amazingly they have sled parts there!! :beer::beer::beer:

Attachments

• IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 54

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
p.s. castle mountain got pounded with 30cms and more this week,, I am off friday maybe the south will be good?????????

i have friday off.... i'm suppose to be painting at home, but, i think i may be able to call the 30cm rule into play. will let you know.

we rode the notch yesterday, and had a really good day. really glad we went. we staged at km24 on the morrisey road (5km past the cat ski lodge) and it was fine from there on. no mud on the road past there and no creeks were open. only one stump stump was hit, and it wasn't one of those buried kind!

when we left (5:30 we loaded) it was dumping snow pretty good at high elevations with rain down lower. i can imagine it'll be good up there for a bit yet. we probed the snow and found 10ft+ in places... summer is not here yet boys!

will try to post some pics tonight.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bypass the notch in general and head on down the ram and wigwam still some nice riding back in that area and not many tracks we went back into calder creek area and it was super nice

Shankster

Reaction score
More pictures....

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 64

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bypass the notch in general and head on down the ram and wigwam still some nice riding back in that area and not many tracks we went back into calder creek area and it was super nice

we are coming friday,, do you want to show us around.... I would love to find more terrain around fernie,, the notch area is fun but I know there is way better stuff to be had

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries my friend,,, things sometimes read different then they sound.... lol

I know when I wright some things I am thinking quicker then I type so after I re-read my own message I am like wtf??? and I have to write some of it over so it makes sense...

you mean your like that beauty contestant from a few years back with the excuse about maps
i truly believe why americans cant find certain countries on maps cause many americans dont have maps

Shankster

Reaction score
A little video of my old ZX working well around the notch!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsFOBaZwBuU[/media]

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Come hell or high water were commin out that way on Thursday! We have being waiting for this all year, try to do this ride with my buddys and who ever will have us every year. There s alot of areas Ive never heard mention of before on this last posting. So were is cat turn off? We have unloaded at the mine before and wondered into Lime stone. I no there was a comment on making the trip from Manitoba but there sno snow left here and we had a sh-ty winter so we hope to have some fun in the hills.Thanks for listening, Im just a little pumped right now can you dig it!!!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come hell or high water were commin out that way on Thursday! We have being waiting for this all year, try to do this ride with my buddys and who ever will have us every year. There s alot of areas Ive never heard mention of before on this last posting. So were is cat turn off? We have unloaded at the mine before and wondered into Lime stone. I no there was a comment on making the trip from Manitoba but there sno snow left here and we had a sh-ty winter so we hope to have some fun in the hills.Thanks for listening, Im just a little pumped right now can you dig it!!!

probably no hell but a better chance of high water

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the notch saturday as well. It was bumpy as hell but i have seen worse. The groomed trail was awesome, but i heard this was the last weekend they are grooming.
The area just before the lookout on the west side was decent. We only saw one other group poke around in there for 10 minutes all day besides us. The open areas were hard and wind blown, but in the tree's below the wind it was around 10". Didnt venture to much into the Rolling Hills. They looked a little pounded.

I wouldnt drive all the way from Manitoba, but i know what that itch is like to get out there. *sigh* :rolleyes: You better come on out here and get your last ride in otherwise you will be kicking yourself all summer.

Pictures to come tonight.......

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Pull Shankster! Looks like the old 800 is working good! wish I could have been there to show you some pu$$y cat power!...lol:d

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As promised, here are the pics from this past saturday at EL Notch. Enjoy!

Attachments

• March 28.2010 Fernie 016.jpg
    March 28.2010 Fernie 016.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 58
  • March 28.2010 Fernie 019.jpg
    March 28.2010 Fernie 019.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 61
  • March 28.2010 Fernie 014.jpg
    March 28.2010 Fernie 014.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 59
  • March 28.2010 Fernie 025.jpg
    March 28.2010 Fernie 025.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 56

Zig Zag

Reaction score
Nice Pull Shankster! Looks like the old 800 is working good! wish I could have been there to show you some pu$$y cat power!...lol:d

Bring out the kitty for the last ride my Doo needs a snack before I put it into summer hibernation.:rollinglaugh::beer::beer::beer::beer::d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring out the kitty for the last ride my Doo needs a snack before I put it into summer hibernation.:rollinglaugh::beer::beer::beer::beer::d

hahaha.....this Kitty will turn that Doo into kitty litter!:d Can wait for the ride I should be done working and back home around the 15-20th.:d

Top Bottom