The kitty is pretty damn nice

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2018 cat is a wicked sled. I could side hill through old tracks up and down steep faces. It was instantly easy to ride considering I ride t3's and a freeride. I'm shocked how easy it is to ride. We had a 2016 limited with a 174 -925 bb set up well and the new cat hung right with it. We didn't climb anything big this weekend but it was evident the new 800 rips. Scoots big time and will scratch and claw when it gets steep. I burnt all my gas and my 3 gallon spare on my etec. The new cat came down with a 1/4 tank still after 5 of us trading off and beating on it. This new cat is serious. The new motor is powerful and smooth. You don't need to be to the bar all the time in the trees. loved it.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2018 cat is a wicked sled. I could side hill through old tracks up and down steep faces. It was instantly easy to ride considering I ride t3's and a freeride. I'm shocked how easy it is to ride. We had a 2016 limited with a 174 -925 bb set up well and the new cat hung right with it. We didn't climb anything big this weekend but it was evident the new 800 rips. Scoots big time and will scratch and claw when it gets steep. I burnt all my gas and my 3 gallon spare on my etec. The new cat came down with a 1/4 tank still after 5 of us trading off and beating on it. This new cat is serious. The new motor is powerful and smooth. You don't need to be to the bar all the time in the trees. loved it.

Forgot. This is the part I didn't like. It totally out performed my sled. I was on my 163 t3 with a pipe and sweet clutching.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot. This is the part I didn't like. It totally out performed my sled. I was on my 163 t3 with a pipe and sweet clutching.

Thanks for the report. Good write up. The thing of it all, 2019 we will be saying the same crap about another sled lol. They all keep raising the bar.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drew562 was low end throttle as clean or cleaner then your xm ? How did it feel to pull in to a side hill and down hill carving compaired to you xm ? Btw good right up the xm is favorite of mine so this sounds awesome I've allways heen a fan of cats!

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Demo'd one of Mountain Moto's M8's last winter. Sure liked how it handled. Came stock with Fox Floats and Team Clutches. Would like to try one of them Black Cats.

Wider running boards, better skids, gauges bars instruments was all awkward, of course more HP and that sled would be a lot of fun

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't pack up b/c even the snow doesn't want to be seen on one of them ugly green things.. :d:cool:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drew562 was low end throttle as clean or cleaner then your xm ? How did it feel to pull in to a side hill and down hill carving compaired to you xm ? Btw good right up the xm is favorite of mine so this sounds awesome I've allways heen a fan of cats!

Power was super smooth. It made my xm feel kinda boggy. The power valves on an etec open or close. The new cat is seamless. No power band so to speak. It feels like the skidoo 850 as far as the power. It has 8 tooth drivers and drop n roll which keeps it floating. Starting off in 3-4 feet of pow was easy even on flat areas. As far as side hills. I was in a burn on steep face. I side hilled my sled for about a 1000' going through drifts old and new. My xm would slide back end down once in a while on the drifts and I'd have to pin it to get it back inline. On the cat I did a line above my own track and did the same sidehill. Was less work on the cat and I was doing a more technical Line. I also left the pipe side in the pow and tried to smother it and plug the can. Never happened even when i wasn't running it wide open. Now as far a pow turns down hill I found it awkward but easy if that makes sense. That's the only part I would need to get used too. If I spent 3 days on it im sure it would feel normal. Also I'm 6'3 and the bars could use an 1" riser for me also. The new handle grips are sweet. Super pencil thin and great for grip. All of the panels can be removed in seconds. Hood and all. Turn buckles on the panels and the speedo gauge/harness plug are above the oil tank. Slick set up. I love my xm's and ride lots of Km's. If I get as many riding days as usual this year I will be needing a new sled or two. The cats could be In my garage next season. The new 850 Doo and cat 800 have really made sledding easier. Snow check 2018 cat will be another 10 pounds lighter than the one early release I rode.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Demo'd one of Mountain Moto's M8's last winter. Sure liked how it handled. Came stock with Fox Floats and Team Clutches. Would like to try one of them Black Cats.

Wider running boards, better skids, gauges bars instruments was all awkward, of course more HP and that sled would be a lot of fun
The 2018 feels nothing like the 2016-17 m8000. I was real sceptical about it. Many big changes added up

Top Bottom