To tune or not to tune

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I really want a Maptun but these damn 22’s seem to want to go boom between 2-3000kms………
Is it safe to assume even the BEST warranty will require a BUDDS report on a blown up engine?
I know, just go get a G5. 🤦‍♂️

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I really want a Maptun but these damn 22’s seem to want to go boom between 2-3000kms………
Is it safe to assume even the BEST warranty will require a BUDDS report on a blown up engine?
they’re going to look at all available data before warranting anything.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are worried about warranty leave it alone. Saying that you can flash it back to stock before returning to your dealer, they will still figure it out if they want to. The stock file is saved before you update to the performance tune. Even if you do not purchase the MapTun "box" whoever you purchase the tune from has to save the stock file prior to flashing. That is in MapTun cloud storage.

You can also set up what you have, clutching & getting the chassis to fit your riding style. If you are like myself your sled will easily exceed your ability :)

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP warranty will likely want a BUDDS. Aftermarket warranty doesn't have access to that info. Call Riderz and talk to Ryder about it. He can give you the correct info rather than just getting opinions and hearsay. Also not all dealerships are the same on how they might deal with issues. I'm guessing some will try to steer guys towards a new sled at every opportunity.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Silber tunes arent detectable on the BUDS2. Just put the Gen 5 flash in it with some clutching and your good to go. Or go 5HP more and get the 20HP tune.

I working on a 2021 right now. Doing the 20hp tune, gearing and clutching.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Silber tunes arent detectable on the BUDS2. Just put the Gen 5 flash in it with some clutching and your good to go. Or go 5HP more and get the 20HP tune.

I working on a 2021 right now. Doing the 20hp tune, gearing and clutching.
Did you scan with BUDS after the Silber flash? You do have that ability correct?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I havent, thats what i was told from Silber. If something happens, flash it back to stock and they cant see that its been flashed.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent, thats what i was told from Silber. If something happens, flash it back to stock and they cant see that its been flashed.

I've flashed MapTun & if you read BUDS the Red flags are up. When I flash back to stock the Red Flags go away when scan'd. So Silber is the same as MapTun that way. There are other indicators that will prove you have modified the tune even if you return to stock. You can reset some, not all. If you are trying to ask the manufacturer to warranty a modified tune, do not do it...simple.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've flashed MapTun & if you read BUDS the Red flags are up. When I flash back to stock the Red Flags go away when scan'd. So Silber is the same as MapTun that way. There are other indicators that will prove you have modified the tune even if you return to stock. You can reset some, not all. If you are trying to ask the manufacturer to warranty a modified tune, do not do it...simple.
Yeah I wouldn't tune if you still have BRP warranty.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's an incredibly naive position to thank that brp or any manufacturer won't be able to tell if a tune has ever been done.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the tune or don't keep up. Your sled is already heavier than a G5 so even with the tune you will work a little harder. Who knows you might not be able to ride by the time you justify a new sled. Life throws curve-balls all the time. Do it and enjoy it. If you blow the motor you then for sure can justify the G5. We are sledders so we are used to taking risks.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but maybe worth a look into.

Looking for more power out of your skidoo 850 or 850 turbo. We can get a pipe that gains 11hp on the naturally aspirated 850 without a tune and for the turbo models gain 20hp without needing a tune. Contact us to order yours and be ready to conqure the mountains when the snow hits. Btw this outfit is in Grande Prairie, Ab TheModShop, you can find there # listed i have ordered stuff from them before there pretty darn good too.:)
#canadian #canadianmade #dynoproven #morepower #flatouthp #canadianhp
No photo description available.

Last edited:

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20 additional hp from just an exhaust? Wow Doo must have left a ton on the table. Crazy.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20 additional hp from just an exhaust? Wow Doo must have left a ton on the table. Crazy.

this pipe kits is from JAWS performance. Yes it is true 20hp for 2023 models. for 2020.5-2022models it is 15hp due to the boost difference between the sleds. Dynoed at Lindermans shop. Currently the pipe does not work for 2024 models as skidoo has changed the backpressure readings for these models, i am sure someone will have it figured out.

All the pipe is doing is increasing the efficiency of the motor, RPM band is still the same. there is not much gains under 6700rpm, its all on the upper range. works with stock muffler.

I am waiting for mine in the mail, not like a person really needs these but hey, what the hell right!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that it doesn’t work with the 2024’s. I have heard the linderman dyno mirrored the dynotech run. Impressive numbers even stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting to see if it’s a legit increase on the hill.

On the dyno, -10 degree air, +20 degree air, engine temp at 55c, engine temp at 100c, it didn’t matter, 20hp.

24 skidoo has programmed tighter tolerances into the back pressure sensor. The boys have the software to monitor backpressure and alter the sensor placement so it still shows something stock.

Top Bottom