The Great Weight Debate

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
Who cares about the weight! Just ride the thing and fun! If your want to go higher up the shoot buy a Yamaha tank turbo it 400 HP the heaviet sled out there and plow your way to the top!!! Why dose the heaviest go the highest??

Lightweight + reliable = FUN ALL DAY!
Yamaha + Turbo = 10 minute thrill + empty wallet + wrenching in the trailer/truck/hotel room.

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
In deep snow you sled is likely carrying 30-40 pounds of snow and ice around with it. All that snow/ice in the skid, under the cooler, all along the boards. I don't hear people complaing how heavy their sled is on a deep power day compared to any other day. I call BS that someone is going to notice a sled that is 20 lbs heavier in the snow.

A Doo jerry can is atleast 25-30 pounds full. I can notice the weight on the rear of the sled when sidehilling steep slopes as that weight might make the sled wash out quicker so I compensate by standing further forward, but riding around in deep snow its not noticeable.

No point arguing here. I'll see you on the hill someday. ;-)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No point arguing here. I'll see you on the hill someday. ;-)

Okay, I like riding with new people all the time! Just keep an eye open for me! :)

IMG_1044-1.jpg

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found this on the Snowest site, Carl's cycle weighed these sleds with all fluids full except gas.

2013 Pro 155" 438 pds
2012 Pro 155" 454 pds
2012 M8 153" 496 pds
2012 Etech 800 154" 501 pds

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much does the assault wiegh,,how about the 1100turbo cat...just wondering if any one knows

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found this on the Snowest site, Carl's cycle weighed these sleds with all fluids full except gas.

2013 Pro 155" 438 pds
2012 Pro 155" 454 pds
2012 M8 153" 496 pds
2012 Etech 800 154" 501 pds

I wouldn't put much stock in a Polaris dealer weighing other brand sleds. Just say'n....

Maxwe

Reaction score
with skidoo teety tooter suspension for 2013 we dont have to worry about weight any more. LOL
interesting how in 2006 Polaris was dead in the snowmobile world with the 900 tractor.
now they beat Skidoo in the mountain segment and are pushing for more.
the teety tooter suspension is not what us Ski doo riders are looking for. We wanted a suspension designed for mountain machines. Keep the nose down and dont trench. the 08 and 09 suspension was better than the current suspension and now we are going to the teety tooter special.
now we can teety tooter our way up the hill like a pogo stick.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with skidoo teety tooter suspension for 2013 we dont have to worry about weight any more. LOL
interesting how in 2006 Polaris was dead in the snowmobile world with the 900 tractor.
the teety tooter suspension is not what us Ski doo riders are looking for. We wanted a suspension designed for mountain machines. Keep the nose down and dont trench. the 08 and 09 suspension was better than the current suspension and now we are going to the teety tooter special.

thats what you wanted....maybe not everyone

why the fawk would i want to keep the nose down? what fun is that

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

Hey.... She loves my Tractor !...so do I.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WITF is a teety tooter? Some kind of farting bird?

yammyman

Reaction score
WITF is a teety tooter is right! I haven't even ridden a t motion suspension yet but after rolling it over on the showroom floor and watching a few you tube vids I guarantee that I will absolutely love the improvements!

I try to keep my front end up all day long. Then I know my throttle is to the bar! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Top Bottom