Tesla truck orders

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BS. They are claiming it's comparable to HD pickups but it doesn't have a hope in hell of stacking up. More power you say? Let's make a wager when you get yours, and see if it can pull a 30k trailer better then any of the big 3's one ton since it has more power.....

It’s rated for 14,000lb towing so I’m not going to tow a 30k lb trailer. That’s even dumber than towing a trailer with no brakes.

Jobu

Reaction score
Hate to break it to ya guys but the Tesla's kickass for towing. Electric motors put out a ton of torque and combined with the weight due to the batteries, gas/diesel engines don't stand a chance. Of course this statement doesn't consider towing range and everything else but ft-lbs to ft-lbs, electric is gonna take down gas/diesel everytime.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Hate to break it to ya guys but the Tesla's kickass for towing. Electric motors put out a ton of torque and combined with the weight due to the batteries, gas/diesel engines don't stand a chance. Of course this statement doesn't consider towing range and everything else but ft-lbs to ft-lbs, electric is gonna take down gas/diesel everytime.
There’s a reason trains are electric drive. I would love a truck with 4 motors. One on each wheel with a diesel generator powering them. It would be unstoppable. Only downside to Tesla truck is the range. I bet range would be cut in half hauling say 10,000lbs which is a pretty standard load for me when heading to my cabin. I only lose 30% mileage on my diesel and when I need fuel it takes no more than 10min to stop and fill up.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5407eb913e17695dca433c1dfb2f4cb4.jpg

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Top Bottom