Tarping sled on sled deck???

css

Reaction score
Ok guys help me out here... how the heck do you guys keep your tarps from getting destroyed when tarping your sleds on sled decks? I see it all the time and for the life of me cant keep tarps from ripping. I make sure there super tight and even run extra bungee cords to keep them tight. Any tips please??

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
only part that has ripped on mine is from the gas rack,,and a very windy drive to the hills one day. I got it reinforced with canvas,all good now

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I had sled decks, I would snug the tarp as tight as possible and throw a bike strap over the seat. Hooking on both tunnel boards, to help with any flapping in the middle.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife reinforced all the stitching on new BRP tarps. According to her they don't use a proper stitch. Added a strap in middle to go across under the skid so it can't lift up behind bars.

When making that run across the praries into that chinook wind slow down. Just cause your diesel will do 140 into the wind doesn"t mean you have to. I find much over a 100 into the wind the tarps take a beating.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never tarp my sleds on the deck. There's not enough crap hitting the sleds to make it worthwhile. I find the tarp does more harm than good.
I don't know about that. I find they get packed with that slimey road dirt in the air off the semis. I just don't bring em to Alberta anymore. not much point since no where to ride here anyway.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a Skinz cover and wrap the bar ends / brake lever with hockey socks before putting it on. I've got thousands of miles on this cover and it's like new. You can think you're not getting anything on or in the sled, but you can always tell who hauls without by the rust under the hood.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for tarps coming apart I found by putting tennis balls on the handle bars helps,that is one place were the tarps seem to wear and start to tear from,just drill a hole in the tennis ball and put onto the bars

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boy lots of good advise. I never thought they would get sprayed at that height

css

Reaction score
Lots of good tips here guys thanks, keepem comin!

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to tarp them because of a little spray but mostly so the motor isn't so frozen from the wind chill of riding up high.
Like everyone else tarp strap over the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I leave the zipper to access the fuel cap open so the air's got somewhere to go instead of billowing out the cover. Seems to work.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can tire has a stretchy cargo net that works ok. Just threw over top of tarp and hooked up where I could. Ran that for a while till it started to break. It was a beotch to put back on if you took it off and balled it up in the back of the truck.

Top Bottom