Take A Newbie Shredding - Feb 23

The Betties

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.thebetties.ca
Inspired by Momma in celebration of new riders everywhere! :party:

The Betties Club members are spearheading rides in 4 areas and working with local clubs and businesses to encourage new riders to get out with friends and experience sledding. Meet other riders, learn some riding and safety tips and see some beautiful scenery along the way.

Nelson, Golden, Elkford and Alberta Beach will have rides and events that include a trail or cabin lunch, dinner/social and prizes. Beacon basics, beginner instruction, guided rides are just a few things in the plans.

You can find out more information on these rides at on our Events page. If you'd like to register, click the button located with each ride poster and submit your registration form. There is no cost to the ride, all participants are responsible for their own sleds, beacon and safety equipment, and getting to and from the staging/riding area.

This is a great opportunity to get to the mountains if you're new to them, go on a beautiful trail ride or to get your gal out for a ride. There are mixed and ladies groups to help make everyone comfortable. A perfect time to get your gal out to the mountains!

Here's the posters for each of the rides....they are all open for everyone, kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

Golden Newbie poster.jpg Elkford Newbie shredding poster jpeg.jpg Nelson Newbie shredding poster.jpg Alberta Beach Newbie shredding poster.jpg

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hearing rumors of some pretty 'kick butt' prizes showing up to some of these events.....

Bring out your newbies, get them hooked, and expand our sport!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOOO HOOO Love love love!!!
I need some help. Both of my amazing wonderful reps from Polaris and Arctic Cat have trailers in Kelowna with a couple sleds in them to make it this way... anyone coming to our ride?

HCR800<3

Reaction score
You guys ever think of coming out to Kakwa? I know a few girls around this Grande Prairie area that would love to ride with ya, me being one! And we all would love to share our club experience and ways with ya.

Just a thought :)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No details yet, but I would expect it to be later this season...March/April maybe? Richelle's just started to toss the idea around, we'll sure help to make it happen for her :D
We have more Club members there and more female riders showing interest, once we have the support in areas we can make things happen!
:sled1:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad this lands on the World Of Wheels weekend in Calgary :(

Otherwise myself and at least 1 other pal would be comine out!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad you can't make it....maybe next time :)

Dinner's at the Fire Pit BBQ Smokehouse- with prizes, sled flicks and perhaps some wobbly pops! ;) If you're in Golden, swing by!

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See y'all later this morning at Quartz...it's gonna be a great day!! Can't wait for some smoked brisket at the Fire Pit!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how was it?

I had my own private Newbie Ride at Powder King. The day was blue bird and followed a ridiculous storm that brought over 2 feet of fresh and lots of wind features. We played in the trees as avalanche danger was pretty high and my newbie got one helluva workout!! She could barely move today ;) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361759644.160098.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361759713.187052.jpg
My newbie:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361759746.878853.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be able to load pics tomorrow when I'm at work. Our Newbie ride in Nelson was EPIC!!!
We had about 30 riders including 2 pregnant women! Beautiful snow, perfect weather, Hot dogs, prizes lots of laughter and ski pulls
It was heartwarming to see the reaction from our Newbies. I chose to ride a bearcat so one of the newbies could enjoy Bob Gnarly. I had my kids
and their snowboard and toboggan with me on the Bear cat. The lady on bob was beyond excited. I think she thanked me 50 times with tears in her eyes throughout the day.
we have such a wonderful group out here in Nelson. The group was wayyyyyy more women than men. out of the 30 I think there were only a handful of men.
It was amazing, with Phenomenal peeps. I'll post pics tomorrow !

Trish

Top Bottom