Switchback to RMK or Dragon?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just looking for your two cents.

I picked up sledding again last year after a couple year hiatus. I bought a used 2006 switch 600, which is in great shape. Had 800km on it when I got it. I ran strong all winter and gave me no problems. I got it for fairly cheap given the shape it's in.

I love the IQ chassis, the sled handles well and it pulls pretty well, but i find myself wanting more jam out of it, and seeing my buddies on IQ dragons and RMK and their far better mountain and deep snow performance. I enjoy being off trail more than on.

Now I get I can go to a 2" lug and do the pipe, can, etc , but by the time I do that it's 2K. Would I be wise to go to an 2009 rmk 700 155", or a Dragon 800? I can probably get rid of mine for a similar price. I would just hate to regret it. Or I am better to mod mine to get what I want??

What do you guys think? From what I read the 600 is pretty solid and don't want to get into a lemon 700 (believe me I know from a friend with an 06 Rmk 700!)

What do you guys think??

Blackzed

Reaction score
i have both a 600 s/b and 800 dragon did a 144 2" camo and gears to the 600 fun very reliable sled but the 800 is just that much more but the reliablity is not to great.
I would go for the 700. good deep snow and a strong sled or do a 660 kit on the 600 and a 155

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a thing wrong with my 08 700!! Don't be afraid to get one and giver. The 800's are the troubled sleds unless you can get a fit it kit. Chose wizely and think about the riding you do and a mod sled is more prone to break downs. A bigger sled with a stock motor will last longer and trouble free

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a thing wrong with my 08 700!! Don't be afraid to get one and giver. The 800's are the troubled sleds unless you can get a fit it kit. Chose wizely and think about the riding you do and a mod sled is more prone to break downs. A bigger sled with a stock motor will last longer and trouble free

thanks! Got the new steed in the garage already. Went with another 600 (10' RMK, lightly modded) very nice and happy with it so far. Should be on it in a couple weeks!

Top Bottom