sway bar

motoxxx009

Reaction score
hey i just got a new 08 700 and saw they still have a sway bar on there. Are people still taking them off so you can side hill easier? Or does it make a difference?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Removed mine on my 03 RMK, made a hugh difference, super easy to pull over in the mountains, makes for a little more tippy on the trails but well worth it in the deep stuff.

motoxxx009

Reaction score
ya i have taken mine off on all the others but wasent sure on this new one but does make a huge difference

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent taken mine off but they are a preety easy sled to sidehill compared to my old 99 600 rmk

motoxxx009

Reaction score
ya just messin around in the garage it already feels pretty easy so thats why i thought i would ask. Also on the rear suspension i set the torsion spring set to firm but still sags alot when its on the ground. Should i just tighten the shock spring some?

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think the rear shock spring is adjustable
just sitting there it measures 28" from the floor to the bumper and im on the highest torsion 155 track
is your sled rmk or dragon

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i just got a new 08 700 and saw they still have a sway bar on there. Are people still taking them off so you can side hill easier? Or does it make a difference?
Sure should, I have an 07 RMK and that was the first thing I did, even for riding trails or ditches it is fine with it off. If you really aren't sure about what riding you will do, it doesn't take that long to do in your sled prep for your day of riding, judge what you will mostly be doing, and take it off in the bottomless days and if you are out on trails hooker back up. Adn as for the rear shock, unless you have WE shocks, you will be stuck with what you got....

motoxxx009

Reaction score
ya i was just gonna ride it one time in some deep stuff and make it climb then decide now it just needs to snow!!

Top Bottom