Swan Hills to Athabasca

fordevr

Reaction score
I found some trails that go from Athbasca to Swan Hills. Anyone do this trip? Were planning to sled it when the snow gets here. I here Swan Hills gets good snow is that true? We took the quads Half way but then we hit a creek. COME ON WINTER!!!:d

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea they get pretty good snow, last year rode at goose tower which is near there, quite a bit of snow for how bare it was everywhere else.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride goose all the time, they get tons of snow i would say anywhere from 5-10 feet a year

fordevr

Reaction score
Anyone have any good pics of the riding in swan?

Demon13

Reaction score
the first pic was taken today, and the others are from last winter.

Attachments

• end of summer 09 030.jpg
    end of summer 09 030.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 57
  • HM Meadows 022.jpg
    HM Meadows 022.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Feb 09 043.jpg
    Feb 09 043.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 56
  • xmas 08 029.jpg
    xmas 08 029.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 61

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
I found some trails that go from Athbasca to Swan Hills. Anyone do this trip? Were planning to sled it when the snow gets here. I here Swan Hills gets good snow is that true? We took the quads Half way but then we hit a creek. COME ON WINTER!!!:d
I have done the trip - its 120+km from Swan hills to Flatbush Cabin, then another 70km from Flatbush cabin to Athabasca, by following the trans canada trail both ways. Its signed pretty good from the athabasca river to athabasca, but west of the athabasca river it was kind of hard to see the signs. You can get fuel at the flatbush store ( no premium tho ) , which is signed 1 mile south off the TCST, and its open until from 9-6 every day ( usually sundays too, call 780-681-3774 to make sure )
Its a rough trail ( whoops!!! lotsa of traffic! ) and not a lot of hills between swan and flatbush.. there are more hills from flatbush to athabasca, and the trail is more frequently groomed. I used to live there, so PM me for any questions, I'd be glad to help.

Shortcut

Reaction score
Did the trip from long island lake to swan hills last year, found the trail pretty overgrown in various areas, other than that, good ride.

Top Bottom