Survival gear

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
On the note of Survival, is there a good outdoor survival course offered in the Edmonton area.
I'm mostly focused on a night or two in the winter as a sledder. Any suggestions?

Let it Snow....Let it Snow......Let it Snow
If you find anything, please let us all know. I would totally be into doing this. As, I'm sure, many would.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some great lists of gear, thanks. saw a slick idea from a pal that also rides a 'Doo he cut out some areas from under side of seat foam, for the heavier items stashed (in smaller tool style bag) works great, also need a tunnel bag for sure for other items.:beer:

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone watch survivor man? even when he is in the tropics a fire is still a life saving thing for him, even more so in the winter...... i have been on multiple backpack hunts that were 7 days ++, fire is important make no mistake about it. so far as burning green trees,... once the fire is lit any tree/branch will burn, dont make the mistake of trying to keep the fire going with only dry wood, that will definetly keep you busy not to mention awake all night trying to keep the fire burning.

Dulley

Reaction score
Good stuff... I carry a lot of the items mentioned, I will be adding an extra mid layer/wool sweater. An item I also carry is a Solo stove. Fits inside a large cup and you can burn wood, fuel cells.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forgot to add, carry multiple firestarter items, cause when you need them .....well you need them. i have one of the best available butane lighters available but it has not worked for me on several occasions, always have a standard bic, and the good old wooden matches in a sealed container

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forgot to add, carry multiple firestarter items, cause when you need them .....well you need them. i have one of the best available butane lighters available but it has not worked for me on several occasions, always have a standard bic, and the good old wooden matches in a sealed container[/

Congrats Mr. VIP!

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
;)
forgot to add, carry multiple firestarter items, cause when you need them .....well you need them. i have one of the best available butane lighters available but it has not worked for me on several occasions, always have a standard bic, and the good old wooden matches in a sealed container[/

Congrats Mr. VIP!

well thank you... but i will have to check with the others,.... perhaps i shouldnt be talking to you:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mors Korchanski
On the note of Survival, is there a good outdoor survival course offered in the Edmonton area.
I'm mostly focused on a night or two in the winter as a sledder. Any suggestions?

Let it Snow....Let it Snow......Let it Snow

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is what has been called the palmer furnace, good find, may save some ones life.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be a little challenging on a windy stormy day but I'm still ordering some.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up fyi kind of a thing. Don't buy one of these reusable match things. My husband was curious so he purchased some off of ebay.
Good in theory but they absolutely are hunks of junk. It takes forever for the match to actually light, if it does at all. I wouldn't want someone relying on this as one of their fire starting sources.
10614924_10153342205942993_610941783_o (1).jpg

Top Bottom