Survival gear

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering what people are carrying for a first aid kit? Where did you get it? What did you add to it? I would like to buy a compact kit with most of the required basics and add a sling, splint, etc. Also what kind of tarp do you pack? What size? Is this stuff in your pack or in your sled? Thanks.

Symbiotic

Reaction score
I have one that i got from "Gregg's" or a similar safety/gear store that i keep in my service truck. I also picked one up a little while ago at "Atmosphere"-usually attached to the sport check stores- that was a good size to keep in my avy pack. MEC also carries them if you're near one of those.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering what people are carrying for a first aid kit? Where did you get it? What did you add to it? I would like to buy a compact kit with most of the required basics and add a sling, splint, etc. Also what kind of tarp do you pack? What size? Is this stuff in your pack or in your sled? Thanks.
uploadfromtaptalk1451654255693.jpg

This is the one I carry in my tunnel bag.
$100/or less at most outdoor shops.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I carry a St Johns Level "A" kit with both of my sleds.

2 Sterile Abdominal Dressings (8” x 10”)
6 Sterile Gauze Pads (4” x 4”)
6 Pairs of Latex-Free Gloves
6 Cotton Tip Applicators (6”)
4 Triangular Bandages with Pins
2 Sterile Pressure Dressings (4” x 6”)
1 Scissors (stainless steel, 5½”)
1 Splinter Forceps (4½”)
1 Pocket Mask
50 Hand Cleansing Towelettes
50 Assorted Adhesive Bandages
1 Adhesive Tape Roll (1 in)
12 Antiseptic Wipes (Benzalkonium Chloride/BZK)
1 Elastic Bandage Roll (3 in)
1 Accident Record Book (10 pages)
1 Pencil
2 Conforming Gauze (3”)
10 Non-sterile Gauze (3” x 3”)
1 First Aid Pocket Guide
$49.99

Life is good in "Da Hood"

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rowdy, have you had any problems with this stove in cold temps. -20 to -35? they don't list a temp range I have one also but have only used it in spring to fall . I my have to pull mine out and see. :beer:

hey imdoo'n, I've only used it a couple times and no issues so far. I've found some guys willing to do a controlled over night test. Once we get around to it I'll let you know if I have issues.

Over the holidays we didn't spend the time making a trail on this one spot and instead opted for some downhills...could have been an over nighter fairly easily had a few more things gone wrong.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey imdoo'n, I've only used it a couple times and no issues so far. I've found some guys willing to do a controlled over night test. Once we get around to it I'll let you know if I have issues.

Over the holidays we didn't spend the time making a trail on this one spot and instead opted for some downhills...could have been an over nighter fairly easily had a few more things gone wrong.

cool thanks! was just wondering with the butane and propane gas mix! good info thanx.
those cookers work great from spring to fall, just never took it in winter.

Rust

Reaction score
cool thanks! was just wondering with the butane and propane gas mix! good info thanx.
those cookers work great from spring to fall, just never took it in winter.

They will still burn, but temperature and elevation will still effect the four season fuel cans. New cans will burn like its on its last third, least thats my experience with using MSR and JetBoil fuel with a jetboil and pocket rocket stoves. Thats from late season hunts when its several degrees below freezing.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this may be better than the mylar blanket, as it is already put together, and is water proof.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was the tin I was talking about in my earlier post, finally found it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I thought that was interesting as well. Quite a good kit I think. Still some other things one needs to add to this for sure. Should include dimensions I guess. 7" diameter and 2 1/4" thick. I also need to send it back and get it repacked, was supposed to be repacked Feb 2005 lol. Those bars would be really tasty I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have those kits at work. No idea why since I work in a plant. I've always been curious about the candles as well, maybe one of these nightshifts I'll try to talk someone else into trying one

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This is a great post. A lot of good ideas in here. What about food? What do you carry for food and your plans to get/have water? Do you build survival kits for multiple day occurrences?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a great post. A lot of good ideas in here. What about food? What do you carry for food and your plans to get/have water? Do you build survival kits for multiple day occurrences?
Small fire to melt snow or heat leftover water. I carry 2 dehydrated meals that you just pour hot water into the package and let sit then eat.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the survival space blanket as a emergency shelter will work, very brittle though. will not take much abuse at all, after an hr of sitting you will need to move your legs etc, and likely will rip the space blanket to pieces, the sol survival poncho is a better choice as it will give a lot more, has a hood to keep your head dry. with either produc yo need to get out of the wind.

Top Bottom