surround sound to 42" plasma

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 42 inch samsung plasma and a jvc dvd digital theater system (surround sound) and i want my shaw cable to work with the surround sound.
What am saying is i want the voice on my shaw cable to go thru my surround sound. Dose anyone know what i have to do for this to work?

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 42 inch samsung plasma and a jvc dvd digital theater system (surround sound) and i want my shaw cable to work with the surround sound.
What am saying is i want the voice on my shaw cable to go thru my surround sound. Dose anyone know what i have to do for this to work?

you need your audio ( red white an yellow) from your Tv to the back of your surround, red&white are for sound and yellow for video, just match the colours ( if your not colour blind ) it should work

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, simplest way is as Jaybec just described it.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Audio OUT from the TV to Audio IN on the amp
or
OUTPUT TO INPUT

i only say this to be clear , i just went through this with my 21y/old

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Audio OUT from the TV to Audio IN on the amp
or
OUTPUT TO INPUT

i only say this to be clear , i just went through this with my 21y/old

good points as well yes, do not do this backwards as you will break something, and yes, warranty depots can tell what you did.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your audio direct from the shaw cable HD cable box, If your amp has HDMI use that from the cable box to amp and then just video to TV

scorpio

Reaction score
Best solution is HDMI from Shaw Box to Receiver, then HDMI from Receiver to TV.

This way you get digital quality music through your surround speakers and HD video from your TV.

You need a HD Box from Shaw though.

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i have the hd shaw box. The HDMI is a cord right and is it just picture? I think thats what cord i have. I have a cord witch i am guessing is the HDMI one going from the shaw box to the tv and a yellow and red from the shaw box to the tv. So witch way is the easyest to do it.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah i have the hd shaw box. The HDMI is a cord right and is it just picture? I think thats what cord i have. I have a cord witch i am guessing is the HDMI one going from the shaw box to the tv and a yellow and red from the shaw box to the tv. So witch way is the easyest to do it.

thats an s video cord your talking about, hdmi, is almost like a usb cord except wider on the top and a little bit narrower on the bottom

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_3/MXHDM3HD.JPG[/media]

This is an HDMI cord , is has both sound and vid.

This is one of the best cords to use.

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats an s video cord your talking about, hdmi, is almost like a usb cord except wider on the top and a little bit narrower on the bottom

No No i know what an s video cord is i use that to watch movies and the tv from my labtop. But thanks 2many kids for that picture and that what cord i have.

Top Bottom