surf n

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will do boii,gonna be 30 + all weekend..r u still there all day monday?if not sat...then

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was looking at getting this wake boat there johnny. would it work?

Attachments

• 5Y7GFHCAZYVEOACAZGQXF6CANM9UHPCAOZOKWOCAIBID64CAOL66U3CARQVE41CAQGVYBYCA3AYVD6CA8OXYPSCAED7WG0CA.jpg
    5Y7GFHCAZYVEOACAZGQXF6CANM9UHPCAOZOKWOCAIBID64CAOL66U3CARQVE41CAQGVYBYCA3AYVD6CA8OXYPSCAED7WG0CA.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 172

Waxy

Reaction score
It looks like you're all having fun, but one quick question -

Have any of you given any thought to how those huge wakes affect everyone else out on the water and their ability to enjoy their activity of choice?

Just wondering...

Waxy

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have any of you given any thought to how those huge wakes affect everyone else out on the water and their ability to enjoy their activity of choice?

Just wondering...

Waxy

Everyones just out there to have a good time.... Anyone ever experience while their fishing the nice wakeboard guys go buy with the phat sacs full ...
Ive been on both ends... Win one Lose one...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just wondering...

Waxy

I dont wake surf, but my boat does put out a big wake. I have only ever been asked to settle down near the boat launch. Sea-doo have asked me to make them big waves, tubes it just adds another bump. Normally stay away from the guys fishing

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com

Just wondering...

Waxy

We try to stay clear of smaller watercraft...Wabamun is a huge lake...lots of room. That is a good point though...the wake we cast off could easily swamp a boat...we are keenly aware of this.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Just wondering...

Waxy

From my experience it's not the surf'rs and the ballast boats that cause problems.... it's been my experience that douchebags drive all sorts of boats...the sea-doo boats seem to be the worst. you think a surf wake can wreak havoc try a 22' sea-doo boat with 12 people going from 40mph on plane to 5 mph 20 feet off your bow when anchored.... I got a big deap boat and been tossed around like a dingy by azzhats.....

In general I find the surf guys keep away from the shallows and don't pose much of an issue....

Waxy

Reaction score
I don't want to beat this to death, because I'm all for people being able to do what they want to do, but it's not just fisherman or people in small boats that are affected by this.

I used to be an avid slalom skier, and still enjoy it. Lots of young kids out there too just learning to ski, wakeboard, tube, etc..., and those wakes are a nightmare for them. Just try finding a lake, or even some area of a lake, to do that these days. The proliferation huge (loud) boats and huge wakes makes it nearly impossible unless you get up with the sun. You may not be wake surfing or wakeboarding right close to others, but even if you're courteous about that, those wakes don't just disappear, they keep on going until they reach the shore. It doesn't take too many boats on a lake making wakes like that before it's just as rough and choppy as if the wind were blowing at 20-30km/h.

Anyhoo, that's enough ranting for me. I was glad to see that people are aware of it and trying to be courteous, that's really all I can ask.

Waxy

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I don't want to beat this to death, because I'm all for people being able to do what they want to do, but it's not just fisherman or people in small boats that are affected by this.

I used to be an avid slalom skier, and still enjoy it. Lots of young kids out there too just learning to ski, wakeboard, tube, etc..., and those wakes are a nightmare for them. Just try finding a lake, or even some area of a lake, to do that these days. The proliferation huge (loud) boats and huge wakes makes it nearly impossible unless you get up with the sun. You may not be wake surfing or wakeboarding right close to others, but even if you're courteous about that, those wakes don't just disappear, they keep on going until they reach the shore. It doesn't take too many boats on a lake making wakes like that before it's just as rough and choppy as if the wind were blowing at 20-30km/h.

Anyhoo, that's enough ranting for me. I was glad to see that people are aware of it and trying to be courteous, that's really all I can ask.

Waxy

I hear ya but...what is the difference with us wake-surfing and buddy in his 28 foot cruiser throwing up a 3.5 footer or 30 buzzing PWC?

Its no longer size or activity but numbers on the water. We are also avid skiers and accept that if you want 'glass' you get your azz out of bed with the fishermen you talk of above or wait till the sun is heading to the horizon ... "Wake Sports" are a small portion of boat waves created on the lake...that I know for a fact...there are 10 times more boats doing figure 8s with tubes behind or yahoos just burning fuel for the sake of being on the lake. :twocents:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if we are ranting about waves then we should be bitchin about all the tubers and others just burning around back and forth all day,never mind all these seadoos friggin flyin around like raped apes.You all could just sell your boats and put a pool in your back yard but then the guy who does the biggest belly flop would probably get scoulded...

Top Bottom