Support Canadian Dealers

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great opportunity for someone to make a few sales i think. free advertising and exposure. hint hint hint.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now mr modman, consumer/customer, shouldn't have to look to hard to find your business, or your wares as there are others out there. not to hard to find first place parts, just sayin. ya have to keep in your customers eysesight one way or another or someone else will. a weekly deal is usually the best solution and builds customer awareness and interest and the biggist reason more sales. i know i don't look to hard, have purchased from menz toys a few times sled shows in particular. i have given up on dewinton , never answers his friggin phone, or return friggin calls. then complains no one wants to buy his stuff. go fiqure.

I hear ya Lar, no worries. its hard to offer a weekly deal when everyone wants a regular deal besides whatever you are offering on special.

hypothetical scenario - lets just say a guy sells some parts and also has full time job. He keeps stock at his cost out of pocket, hoping to sell it, and let's people from Calgary show up at his place of business when they are back in town and buy direct from him on his few days off over the xmas holidays because he's that kind of guy. He also supports the local club and travels 8 hrs to sled shows whenever he can, and pays the big $$$ to have a booth, advertise and sell some product. Guys don't become millionaires by selling aftermarket sled parts and its tough to be on here 24/7 cutting weekly deals when yoiu also enjoy sledding season and want to get some shut-eye each night.

I think you'd be surprised at what some of these vendors go through for the consumer at things like sled shows and the sh!t you don't know about that comes from their overhead and their personal time. There might be a little more compassion from the consumer as to how much effort some of these guys put in. They pay for everything, literally everything! like internet access, floor space, parking, etc while they are at the venue. All for the customer. Glad to hear First Place Parts is working for ya, but did they have a booth at the sled show this year? If guys don't support locally there will be no more things like trade shows and that is just one very small part of it. I got no problems sourcing a website when I compare it to some of their effort.

Last edited:

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think that is a fair assesment, i assume an error may have been made, i really don't know, but i'm thinkin your wrong in thinking and posting your post.
maybe your right but to say " i deleted it" and offer no reason when there is some controversy seems odd. Again we are talking about a supporting vendor, its kinda like the GBCA , kinda a big deal...lol

crowsfeet

Reaction score
maybe your right but to say " i deleted it" and offer no reason when there is some controversy seems odd. Again we are talking about a supporting vendor, its kinda like the GBCA , kinda a big deal...lol
What the fawk does gbca stand fer eh? Jus wunderin

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So recap quickly please! Who deleted his thread?

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
Got home another long day at the regular job reading all these posts and very much liking the positive. Talked to Chris at Powderkeg today for 40 minutes had to pull over as my blue tooth was dying he is a top notch guy, wondering what went wrong so he phoned me. This is going to work out well if we get the numbers for the discounts for everyone,i have had powderkeg on my homepage since I went to their shop in 2011 and purchased enough product to be a gold dealer and have had it at the snow shows on display but seems to be taking a bit of time to catch on. Might be premature but have to thank Dale {Iron horse racing] and TylerG for getting the ball rolling on this. thx wayne

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
Just went back and read modmans post wow hit the nail on the head if it refers to me I have been a paying vendor at the shows since 2008 and yes it isn't cheap to do the shows and i personally work fulltime for Suncor Monday to Thursday on the road delivering fuel in the Kootenays based out of Kamloops I have met quite a few members on the Shelter bay ferry, because if I see sleds i have to go talk to them and don't always hand out business cards because they are on a holiday and who wants to be hassled by some salesman thx wayne

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Lar, no worries. its hard to offer a weekly deal when everyone wants a regular deal besides whatever you are offering on special.

hypothetical scenario - lets just say a guy sells some parts and also has full time job. He keeps stock at his cost out of pocket, hoping to sell it, and let's people from Calgary show up at his place of business when they are back in town and buy direct from him on his few days off over the xmas holidays because he's that kind of guy. He also supports the local club and travels 8 hrs to sled shows whenever he can, and pays the big $$$ to have a booth, advertise and sell some product. Guys don't become millionaires by selling aftermarket sled parts and its tough to be on here 24/7 cutting weekly deals when yoiu also enjoy sledding season and want to get some shut-eye each night.

I think you'd be surprised at what some of these vendors go through for the consumer at things like sled shows and the sh!t you don't know about that comes from their overhead and their personal time. There might be a little more compassion from the consumer as to how much effort some of these guys put in. They pay for everything, literally everything! like internet access, floor space, parking, etc while they are at the venue. All for the customer. Glad to hear First Place Parts is working for ya, but did they have a booth at the sled show this year? If guys don't support locally there will be no more things like trade shows and that is just one very small part of it. I got no problems sourcing a website when I compare it to some of their effort.

very true mr modman, people always want something for nothing, i personally have never shopped/bought from first place parts, looked at there add/flyers yes. i know all abought the hours put in, the days of WTF. i agree totally, i'll bet that first place parts has gained alot of interest in there site through the add, may not be for everyone but if ya get people looking you have a potential buyer. but ya got to make the phone ring somehow.

and ya got to answer it too.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went back and read modmans post wow hit the nail on the head if it refers to me I have been a paying vendor at the shows since 2008 and yes it isn't cheap to do the shows and i personally work fulltime for Suncor Monday to Thursday on the road delivering fuel in the Kootenays based out of Kamloops I have met quite a few members on the Shelter bay ferry, because if I see sleds i have to go talk to them and don't always hand out business cards because they are on a holiday and who wants to be hassled by some salesman thx wayne

seems the only people who are willing to work 24/7 are business owners, they usually have there nuts on the line. good luck wayne, hope you do well, i'm pullin for ya.
icon10.gif

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also sell snowmobile parts since 1976, but dont promote it on here, maybe S&M doesnt want us to advertize for free?

really not much in life for free, and usually you get what ya pay for, and wow never new ya sold parts, wow ya got something for free. there is always someone looking for parts, and unless peole know you, about you, or what your selling, the phone just doesn't ring much, way less ca-ching.

so your selling parts for a 76 sled?
icon10.gif
hint hint hint

rgashkei

Reaction score
I bought a Powderkeg at the snow show in saskatoon last fall. Was more $$$ than I thought it would be but got lucky and won the draw to get half my money back. Love the thing, all the heavy crap out of my pack. I had to find more stuff to put in it just so it would be full.
To anyone that is interested in buying one I would recommend it.

Attachments

• 1123.jpg
    1123.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 119

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
Wayne is great to deal with, always fair pricing (trust me I search the s*** outta everything before I buy), great service, and quick shipping. I won't be shopping across the line for products he carries. Keep up the good work Wayne, the online over the phone industry needs more guys like you in it. Geoff.

Top Bottom