Support Canadian Dealers

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
I am a supporting member of snow and mud and appreciate the business I have received from its members. Recently on the forum some posts were made regarding a group Powderkeg buy and after reading it I sent a PM to Dale{Iron Horse Racing] stating I had Powderkeg product in stock[thousands of dollars] to which he hasn't replied. The next day TylerG [moderator] starts a group buy" sticky poll" where I posted that I sold Powderke
g and Mountain Addiction products and it was removed. Ok I probably shouldn't have put it on the sticky,so remove it no problem. Last night I posted that I sell Powderkeg products under the parts classified section for snowmobile gear/accessories now I see that posting has been deleted, what's the deal? Yes I know everyone wants the best value for their hard earned dollar,but maybe a Canadian dealer could have worked out a group buy deal? Not saying it has to be me but would be nice to have been considered,but what about the Powderkeg dealers 18 in Alberta,6 in BC and 8 in Sask. that support forums like this and have shops that customers can go to? Sorry to have ruffled some feathers but as a Canadian dealer having thousands of dollars in inventory it would be nice to sell it and make a little money. Over the years I have tried to be very fair with my pricing as compared to the U.S. and hope to continue doing that. I wonder how long this thread will be up before it gets deleted??? thx wayne

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a supporting member of snow and mud and appreciate the business I have received from its members. Recently on the forum some posts were made regarding a group Powderkeg buy and after reading it I sent a PM to Dale{Iron Horse Racing] stating I had Powderkeg product in stock[thousands of dollars] to which he hasn't replied. The next day TylerG [moderator] starts a group buy" sticky poll" where I posted that I sold Powderke
g and Mountain Addiction products and it was removed. Ok I probably shouldn't have put it on the sticky,so remove it no problem. Last night I posted that I sell Powderkeg products under the parts classified section for snowmobile gear/accessories now I see that posting has been deleted, what's the deal? Yes I know everyone wants the best value for their hard earned dollar,but maybe a Canadian dealer could have worked out a group buy deal? Not saying it has to be me but would be nice to have been considered,but what about the Powderkeg dealers 18 in Alberta,6 in BC and 8 in Sask. that support forums like this and have shops that customers can go to? Sorry to have ruffled some feathers but as a Canadian dealer having thousands of dollars in inventory it would be nice to sell it and make a little money. Over the years I have tried to be very fair with my pricing as compared to the U.S. and hope to continue doing that. I wonder how long this thread will be up before it gets deleted??? thx wayne

As a supporting vendor your posts should be protected. Whats up mods?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All that you say was deleted is there. The sticky is there as well as your classified add. Sorry I`m confused will contact SBR for more techy search or ??

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is this first I have heard of this, and it won't be me deleting this thread. You make a valid point and you are asking an honest question.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All that you say was deleted is there. The sticky is there as well as your classified add. Sorry I`m confused will contact SBR for more techy search or ??

His classified i can see but if there were other posts I can't see them from my screen.

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont agree with supporting local no matter what, just because they are local..........but I sure do try to if they are even close to competitive. And Wayne definitely falls into this category. Ive bought stuff off of Menztoys in the past and will definitely be back in the future. Great products, prices and amazing service.

mick

Reaction score
Fix your website so it shows these items. PM me a price for a polaris set up

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i saw his post in powderkeg group buy and he was offering 10% off without a group buy. It is gone now.

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
you're right hbar218 I did post that but it disappeared so I posted in classified and offered free shipping in BC,Aberta and Sask instead which I will stand behind and if I was more computer literate I would put them on my website but I do ask on my homepage to look at their site and contact me. Yes deaner I agree we all work hard for our money and most of us have personal limits on our local support. I will give an example daughters car needs a fuel pump AC delco $217 local $59.99 free shipping from US I was prepared to pay $100-$115 locally that was my limit on that product so I picked it up across the line I know not supporting local but we each have our limitations. I am finding this more with automotive parts our local sled shops are aware of this and are very competitive with the US pricing so I buy at home. Deaner with us being on the BC/Wash. border it is easier for us but not so convenient for our northern fellow riders thx wayne

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Good Morning.
I agree with the first post in many ways.
1. I did not Mid the post.
2. I believe we need to support our advertisers, local and Canadian dealers on anything we can.
3. Price is an issue, if its too far apart then the business might cross the border.
4. I have brought this post to Rknight's attention and the senior mods will discuss soon.

Thanks for your positive manner addressing this issue. That always makes it better when we review it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've bought product from MenzToys and will continue to do so in the future. . I bought a track rack kit from MenzToys for my new sled and have no reason to buy a powderkeg (wasn't checking that thread) so I'm glad he started this thread and brought it to our attention. Great guy to deal with, thanks once again Wayne.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't see manufacturer selling much less than to a dealer, or they lose dealers(there bread and butter). 20% off retail is a good price, but a dealer may do the same or better with a large order, ya never know till ya ask. also if your a dealer you need to let people know what ya sell or no one has a clue to what ya sell. if i was a dealer on here, i'd have something to offer everyday, you have a captive audience that is looking for your product, u already are paying for the service use it. otherwise you lose sales.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I removed the post out of the sticky thread, but I did not touch your classified ad. This was a group buy arranged by a member for our members to which I was requested to help setup a poll. I obliged. That's all I know of this situation....

Top Bottom