Support Canadian Dealers

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder why as a buyer i have to search the forums , internet etc to find products i need or want, if yer a seller i shouldn't have to go looking for you. just my observation. what do i know

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see two sides to this. The "normal" Canadian dealers....and the "friggin awesome" dealers like Wayne @ Menztoys. I buy a lot of stuff from the US, mostly because of the insane price difference....but also quite often because I'm tired of hearing "we don't have it in stock but we can order it". Well.....so can I. Since I discovered Menztoys I buy whatever I need from him if he sells it, and I send my friends there too because.....I might have mentioned this.....Wayne is "friggin awesome" in both service and pricing. I can't say that for very many other Canadian dealers I've dealt with, though there are a few. Deleting his posts makes absolutely no sense to me. :confused:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I removed the post out of the sticky thread, but I did not touch your classified ad. This was a group buy arranged by a member for our members to which I was requested to help setup a poll. I obliged. That's all I know of this situation....

We cannot stop our members from doing a group buy and offering it out to others.
Setting up a pole seems logical.
Seems good so far.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the message I received from Wayne.....

powderkeg and mountain addiction products
“I sell bothproducts in Canada,have thousands of dollars worth of both in stock. I have thebest prices on mountian addiction products in Canada. I sell powderkeg productsfor the U.S. retail prices from their website here in Canada. thx waynemenztoys.com “

I went to his web site and couldn’t find Poweder keg products anywhere....
Spoke with the manufacture and his comments were, yes he had sold Wayne productin 2011 and early in 2012, but he also noted there was no advertising of powderkeg product on Menztoys web site.
(Am not knocking the Mountain Addiction product or Menztoys), I have never dealt with either of them and until the private message, I have not heard of Menztoys.

I had chosen the PowderKeg product and searched the web the manufacture site popped up, not Menztoys.

The price offered by Wayne was retail and no mention of adiscount. So I made a decision to continue dealing with the Manufacture.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
service at menztoyz.... well at the time i bought his first and only blacked out xp headlight cover. Wayne was very reluctant to sell if because it was his show model, but none the less he let it go. price was right. All i can say about that is thanks... its still on my ride :beer: for this he has earned my first search for products in the future.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris @ Powder Keg has come up with a plan, in hopes to make everyone happy...

The offer below will be good for all Canadian and US dealers....so send Chris at Powder Keg your inventory lists...

Dale]

I just called Wayne and left an offer on his phone messagemachine. I told him that I did not know he had stock on hand as hiswebsite doesn't mention anything about Powder Keg
but if he will supply me with a list of what stock he has wewill satisfy this group purchase out of Canadian dealerships existing stockfirst and I will credit them back the additional discounted amount when theyre-stock their Powder Keg items. Any requested items we are unable tofind in stock in Canada will be sold by us directly to the customer. "For this group Purchase"
I think that's fair. This should help thosedealerships clean out some stock for the summer. If you want to post thatany dealerships wanting their stock to be included in this deal need to send alist of stock to Powder Keg.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wayne's website does mention Powderkeg products. It's in the 2nd paragraph of the first page. It states that he does carry the product and to go to the Powderkeg website to see the items then contact him for further info.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imagine back in the old days when you looked through the back of the magazine or newspaper to find what you wanted and then had to do all the legwork.

Now these companies have to advertize, keep a website, keep it current, etc etc. Time and money folks, nothing is free. The internet makes it much easier to shop and some of you people still want more effort to get product in their face? Then we whine about all the ads all over the friggin place and that we can't find what we're looking for. A retailer cannot win with today's consumer it seems.

Always seem to get good luck with just emailing people and getting an answer or calling them up quick. Did this with products from Menztoys, SmokinDave, Terra Alps, CR Racing, and Wildchild, and magically I got the answers I was looking for, and was a happy buyer each time. Not hard to put in a little effort from the consumer end.

Mantis

Reaction score
Interesting...Wayne offers to match the 10 % discount right away to whoever contacts him....better deal right away- don't have to even wait for 10-30 people to sign up! But rather than contacting him to discuss...delete?!?! Shame, shame. Looked at the link to the site...Clearly states he sells Powderkeg if you read...also refers to the site and to contact him for further info....hmmm....maybe that means pricing...! Now he's posted free shipping after being deleted....that is a better deal than the discount....shipping from USA will be around $50.00....seems simple- buy from a Canadian dealer who is a supporting member of this forum and save money. Case closed....Oh wait, why did his original post get deleted? Still haven't heard a good reason....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imagine back in the old days when you looked through the back of the magazine or newspaper to find what you wanted and then had to do all the legwork.

Now these companies have to advertize, keep a website, keep it current, etc etc. Time and money folks, nothing is free. The internet makes it much easier to shop and some of you people still want more effort to get product in their face? Then we whine about all the ads all over the friggin place and that we can't find what we're looking for. A retailer cannot win with today's consumer it seems.

Always seem to get good luck with just emailing people and getting an answer or calling them up quick. Did this with products from Menztoys, SmokinDave, Terra Alps, CR Racing, and Wildchild, and magically I got the answers I was looking for, and was a happy buyer each time. Not hard to put in a little effort from the consumer end.

now mr modman, consumer/customer, shouldn't have to look to hard to find your business, or your wares as there are others out there. not to hard to find first place parts, just sayin. ya have to keep in your customers eysesight one way or another or someone else will. a weekly deal is usually the best solution and builds customer awareness and interest and the biggist reason more sales. i know i don't look to hard, have purchased from menz toys a few times sled shows in particular. i have given up on dewinton , never answers his friggin phone, or return friggin calls. then complains no one wants to buy his stuff. go fiqure.

Last edited:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You deal with Terra Alps?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree menz toys is very good, good products, service too.
icon14.png

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting...Wayne offers to match the 10 % discount right away to whoever contacts him....better deal right away- don't have to even wait for 10-30 people to sign up! But rather than contacting him to discuss...delete?!?! Shame, shame. Looked at the link to the site...Clearly states he sells Powderkeg if you read...also refers to the site and to contact him for further info....hmmm....maybe that means pricing...! Now he's posted free shipping after being deleted....that is a better deal than the discount....shipping from USA will be around $50.00....seems simple- buy from a Canadian dealer who is a supporting member of this forum and save money. Case closed....Oh wait, why did his original post get deleted? Still haven't heard a good reason....

His post was deleted( a supporting vendor ) for a group buy by a member hmmmm maybe somebody was getting a free powderkeg or $$$$. The moderator says ya i deleted it
but does not give a reason.Something smells like my ex. lol. I think we would all be foolish to think the pockets of certain people that run this site dont get greased with goodies.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His post was deleted( a supporting vendor ) for a group buy by a member hmmmm maybe somebody was getting a free powderkeg or $$$$. The moderator says ya i deleted it
but does not give a reason.Something smells like my ex. lol. I think we would all be foolish to think the pockets of certain people that run this site dont get greased with goodies.

i don't think that is a fair assesment, i assume an error may have been made, i really don't know, but i'm thinkin your wrong in thinking and posting your post.

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Menztoyz are awesome!! Love the vent kit that that they sent me for my 12 pro for free! Great contest Wayne!

Top Bottom