Superglide SuperTrac Review

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just got my pieces of supertrac today for on my sled deck.
A082FA77-6FC1-43B2-9F37-4042BFB951BE.jpg

First thing out of the box i was expecting the pieces of railing to be a solid extrusion of aluminum. Turns out they are hollow underneath. For the $45 a kit i paid i was expecting it to be solid. But after i got one out of the package to hold, i was relieved. They feel stout, even though they are hollow. Still would have liked to see it be solid.
E34DD0F8-CE7B-44A0-80BD-02014F335294.jpg

Juding that princess auto sells the same style track system, 6" longer, and for half the price, . But with superclamp being made in Canada i'm willing to pay the extra.
3B4BE99E-EC25-4C34-838C-06C5D5448D52.jpg

The deck hooks themselves are nice, they are removable from the rail system so they aren't always sticking up out of the trailer/sled deck. Also they come off with just the pull of the plunger on the end, no tools required. They are ultimately the same as the hooks that come with the superclamps themselves but i feel these have a little more meat on the bone. One thing i did notice is that when they aren't snug in the rail. They have a little play, probably to help stop them from binding when you are moving them back and forth.
C94F47AD-A3D8-420C-814E-C824EA520FDD.jpg

I just got these today and haven't had time to install them on my sled deck so i will follow up with a review once installed.

Just one more thing, as i'm tying this i see that one of the packages is missing one screw for the end cap. There's suppose to be 2 coarse threaded screws, oops? no big deal but i would have rather seen it the other way, get an extra instead of one short :p
1D40B5E5-C088-464A-8E4B-94ACB5B18CB0.jpg

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Save this post for editing when i follow up after installation so people don't have to search through the entire thread.:beer:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
L-track systems have been in use in aviation for at least the last 25 years if not longer. Even though the Supertrac is made in Canada I would be surprised if the aluminum is not from Malaysia.

Looks like it was finished well. The fittings do need to be a little loose. Make sure if you are mounting through a body panel in a box rather than using it on a sled deck, you use very large washers on the backside or the bolts can pull through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superclamp

Reaction score
L-track systems have been in use in aviation for at least the last 25 years if not longer. Even though the Supertrac is made in Canada I would be surprised if the aluminum is not from Malaysia.

Looks like it was finished well. The fittings do need to be a little loose. Make sure if you are mounting through a body panel in a box rather than using it on a sled deck, you use very large washers on the backside or the bolts can pull through.

Yes, airline tracking has been around for years, and we Extrude, Machine and Package it All in Canada, None of our products are made offshore. Supertrac comes in 3 kits: 12"/24"/48", come with a section of Track, 2-end caps, and Stainless mounting hardware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom