Summit zx choke lever broke

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke mine twice hitting it with my knee. Now that the wife drives that sled, I'm not concerned with moving it, but you could look at trying to stuff it up by the dess and heater controls. Otherwise I would look at putting it as high as you can on the side that it is currently on.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember just switching mine around, I put it on backwards if I recall and never broke it again. You could see how much cable you have to relocate it but if I remember it didn't have alot of extra.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I did however break the panel covers with my knee..... sometimes you can't win lol.:beer::nono:

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
i have broken mine off 4 times prior to adding an old rubber brake shoe from a bicycle just under the lever to support it as my knee pad slams into it and the problem ended without having to relocate it

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Relocate it to the flat panel beside your gas cap... all it takes is mark the spot, drill and feed through with the nut installed to tighten... our group has done this to at least 5-6 of our ZX sleds and haven't lost a choke lever yet!

10 minutes or 1 beer and you are done!

330AC

Reaction score
another thing to keep in mind is you can buy the toggle with repair kit and do not have to buy the whole cable. I bought a $50 cable before realizing you can buy the $7 repair. I also moved mine to just north of the fuel filler.
330AC

Top Bottom