Summit Series Enclosed Trailer -- Opinions?

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone can offer some insight on these trailers. Quality being the main concern, but also how does this 7 foot wide configuration pull? On paper it seems like it would save you fuel and just be easier to maneuver. I think the loading is a bit of a compromise but I've read that alot of people love the 7 foot wide. Seem to be a good price and they look the part, I've never dealt with Flaman trailers. Thanks in advance everyone.

7' Wide Inline Snowmobile Trailer | Flaman Trailers and Trailer Sales - Flat Deck, Enclosed, Dump, Roll Off, Aluminum, Sled, ATV, Enclosed, Highboy, Industrial, Tilt, Steel, Utility, Tow Dollies, Stock, Horse, Truck

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not going to say 8ft is better than 7ft because lots of guys love them. but i couldnt stand it. loading sucks. trying to cram mountain sleds in there. in my 30ft i can jam 5 174 sleds in there. i love being able to drop the door and drive 4 sleds in frontward and leave. all with 4 guys gear hanging on the wall and room to walk around and work. but then again i also cant stand wheel wells inside the trailer so perhaps im not giving you the input your looking for lol. no problems towing my deckover 8ft wide either. i have towed a 31ft triton lowboy and never noticed a difference in fuel economy or how it handled on the highway so i dont know? then when it comes time to superglide your trailer you have to do some weird stuff there to make it work.

any enclosed trailer no matter how hard it is to load is 1000x better than friggn tarps and open trailers.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The model I linked doesn't have wheel wells inside, i think that would drive me nuts also. 90% of the time I would be using it to haul 2 163"s I just wanted the option for the 3rd. That way us sask boys can be more efficient if we get a group of 4 going, 3 in the trailer 1 in the truck, but still keeping the trailer smaller for those nasty parking lots or sketchy logging roads at times.

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of putting a couple sleds in there, they don't really give a solid number of what the inside clearance is...If a summits total ski width is around 42" and say the inside clearance of the trailer around 7ft, you could get two side by side or just have 3 rows of superglides and share the center slide with two skis in a row just staggered.

I do agree that an 8.5 would be nicer for the space, but pulling 12-14 hours from home, any little improvement in economy would pay off.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 7 and love to pull, but want it to fit 4 mountain sleds so I had to buy a 29 ft and fits lots of gear, but can't park in driveway to long and get bit$% at all the time with bylaw. So will be selling this one and getting 8.5 one so I can keep it down to 25ft. I agree with max, any enclosed better then open any day. I never have probs with this one in parking lots......

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone can offer some insight on these trailers. Quality being the main concern, but also how does this 7 foot wide configuration pull? On paper it seems like it would save you fuel and just be easier to maneuver. I think the loading is a bit of a compromise but I've read that alot of people love the 7 foot wide. Seem to be a good price and they look the part, I've never dealt with Flaman trailers. Thanks in advance everyone.

7' Wide Inline Snowmobile Trailer | Flaman Trailers and Trailer Sales - Flat Deck, Enclosed, Dump, Roll Off, Aluminum, Sled, ATV, Enclosed, Highboy, Industrial, Tilt, Steel, Utility, Tow Dollies, Stock, Horse, Truck
for 3 sleds in it total length would be at least 26ft from hitch tip to back door, still a long unit for overall length. With a 8.5 X 19 u could still fit 3 sleds in it. one front and back in the other two, then you are un hooking if you have one in the box.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one in the link is 18ft+5ft nose and is apparently a 2-3 spot, you can stagger them. I still think the 8.5ft is the best options, just trying to see what everyone thinks.

Anyone have any experience with the trailers sold by flaman, whats the quality like? What do you think is the best (reasonably priced) brand out there?

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neo trailers are easier on the pocket book thats for sure havent had any problems with mine yet.

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
The 7 wide pulls easier.
Is tighter for space, but you can make it work by having the sleds on an angle when loaded.
I would spend the extra $$ to get an all aluminum trailer, as they last longer and weigh less.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure liking my legend trailer

X2 Talk to Ron (Firefly) he runs Paradis Motorsports. He's a really good guy to deal with and I'm really happy with my trailer. Lots of other guys on S&M have purchased trailers from him too. 780-970-4940

Aluminum Trailers - Enclosed Trailers & Open Trailers by Legend Manufacturing Inc.

I can fit 4 163 sleds in my 7x27 Legend Trailmaster. Little more work than an 8 wide but it's not a big deal. The ramp door has nearly no slope to it because the floor is so low, so it's not too hard to back the sleds in.
7552db7108600da947ccdd25a4e25a48.jpg

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That way us sask boys can be more efficient if we get a group of 4 going, 3 in the trailer 1 in the truck,

Zed, speaking of being more efficient by adding another guy to the trip, I'll be that guy if you are anywhere near Saskatoon or going through it. PM me if you ever have a spot open.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 8 ft wide, every inch is worth gold. i'll never go to a 7 ft wide ever. as it is with ski's set narrow, there is only 3-4 inches between ski edges, never had to back in or do any of that stuff again worth the money. 8.5 for me, no other way will work.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extra space is nice but the lack of white knuckles on windy and icy highways is priceless. Just a different point of view.:beer:

HILCLMR

Reaction score
To me the convenience is more important. Drive them in, no horsing around, no moving them by hand, can always walk around them. All of the gear and tools go in the trailer.
We all have diesels so pulling is no issue, never ever found wind to be an issue either.
mine is a 28 foot 8.5 wide.
it's not a cheap sport by any means, and when your travelling to get to your destination, it's good to know you have everything with you in the trailer when stuff breaks, for our group it's piece of mind.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 7 x23 made by Legend. It fit 1 phazer mtx, 1 apex 156 and 1 nytro 163. It also fit 2 rhinos no problem. This trailer was stolen so I ordered another one but its a 7 x 25. The older one worked, but was a little tight. I am looking forward to the longer one. Parking them was sort of a pain, but for me, it worked. A little man handling, nothing to harsh. Never tried backing them in, instead of driving them from the front. Would probably work since there is such a shallow angle. Buddy has an 8 wide and there is still some man handling involved as well. Hope it helps and if you want pics, I can send them.

Top Bottom