Enclosed trailer advice.

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice trailer, what is the weight of your trailer & price? Also, is there any extra insurance charge for having furnace & propane bottles? I'm also looking for a trailer, thanks

trailer weights 3300 pounds empty according to sticker. cost was around $19000, as far as insurance goes it is just a general insurance its insured for $22000 and runs about 30-40 dollars a month, I don't think it actually costs more for a furnace.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about pace american trailers? Were they good trailers? Anybody running one?

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got a price I'm leaning on pretty good. Its a haulmark transport car trailer V-nose. 8.5' x 16'. 5200# torsion axles ramp door side door with RV locks .030 side sheeting roof vent rock guard for $5350. I'm not real sure how that compares to others but wondering if some people could share or suggest where I should be.

Thanks.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Haulmark years ago. What a piece of junk. Axles werent straight, nose cone split, screws popped out everywhere. Constant problems with the wiring. The inside paneling fell off cause it was just stapled on with tiny staples. The doors all leaked if you towed it in the rain as well. I bought it brand new. Hopefully they are better now.

Haulmark is owned by a large company(universal) that owns several other brands like wells cargo, featherlite, and more

Last edited:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Haulmark years ago. What a piece of junk. Axles werent straight, nose cone split, screws popped out everywhere. Constant problems with the wiring. The inside paneling fell off cause it was just stapled on with tiny staples. The doors all leaked if you towed it in the rain as well. I bought it brand new. Hopefully they are better now.

Haulmark is owned by a large company(universal) that owns several other brands like wells cargo, featherlite, and more

Did universal own haulmark when you bough yours new? I thought featherlite and wells cargo were both decent trailers. Now that I read your post you have me wondering again.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup they did. When they all merged there where a lot of changes. Bean counters started doing there thing and the results were junk trailers. they where a real good company until that happened.

A friend had one at the same time as me. His was junk as well. they both had crooked axles which caused the tires to scrub off.

look them over real good before buying one. Check everything, like is the man door aligned stright. Do the use plastic or metal hold backs for the door, what the tires are rated for etc. you will easily see the differences.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My haulmark has been awesome so far. No regrets

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup they did. When they all merged there where a lot of changes. Bean counters started doing there thing and the results were junk trailers. they where a real good company until that happened.

A friend had one at the same time as me. His was junk as well. they both had crooked axles which caused the tires to scrub off.

look them over real good before buying one. Check everything, like is the man door aligned stright. Do the use plastic or metal hold backs for the door, what the tires are rated for etc. you will easily see the differences.

My haulmark has been awesome so far. No regrets

Which model of haulmark did you or your buddy buy?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna go a bit bigger. Stay in it on the sled trips.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going with another haulmark then?

Shopping around. Unsure as of yet. It would have to sell first also so haven't been to serious about it yet.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was the transport. Not really sure though.

Its like anything though. They may build ten trailers, nine good and one bad, you never hear about the nine good, only the one bad one.

Top Bottom