Summer Plans ect

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
doin Sturgis this year and Arizona. goin for two week run. Wondering what others are planning this summer. Did BC, Seattle and Idaho last year and cant wait to get going again.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No big plans yet but hoping to do some good Adv touring and find some new roads. One trip we may do is take the Trunk road from Coleman to Edson and then out to Jasper and back around to Calgary through Lake Louise. Also hoping to get down into the USon the west coast for some riding.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West coast highway is awsome on a bike, throug the redwoods. Take it down to Cali if you have the time, great coastal towns.

Agreed! Hwy 101 is awesome! :thumb:There is some amazing sights and sweet roads to be had out there! We rode our bikes to Vegas one fall. Took a 2 week holiday, avoided interstates and took some not so main highways and roads and saw the coolest chit! :cool: It was pretty rad cruising the strip at night on the bikes. We stored our bikes there for the winter and then took another 2 weeks the following spring to ride back through Death Valley and then west over to and north up the coast. Nothing better than being on the side of the road deciding which way to go next.Maybe the Queen Charlotte Islands for us this summer or fall. Enjoy! :beerchug:

Attachments

• DSC04005.jpg
    DSC04005.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20101007_346.jpg
    20101007_346.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 101

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding from Kelowna to Vegas with a few guys from work. Maybe do the Oregon coast on the way home. Flying the wives down to Vegas to meet us for the weekend. Getting the wives involved sure made it easier to get the green light for the trip.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
yes since my wife rides with me it makes it easy to get away
Riding from Kelowna to Vegas with a few guys from work. Maybe do the Oregon coast on the way home. Flying the wives down to Vegas to meet us for the weekend. Getting the wives involved sure made it easier to get the green light for the trip.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lotsa camping and riding. Would luv to hit Sturgis, just wish it wasnt so commercialized now days, but whatev still a blast!

Gotta replenish my toy collection again this year tho!!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing is to set up my new bike for better highway travel. Then go from there. Bike is fun in the city. No so fun on the highway.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Well since we bought the toyhauler we can now bring the Goldwing camping and ride from wherever we are at. Thinking of staying at the Bighorn Dam sometime this summer and riding out to jasper one day and the to Banff the next.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Ucluelet on Vancouver Island to do some fishing Mid June hopefully I don't hi snow again.

DSCN3987.jpg

Then weekend trip

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting to take a 2 week trip and just really take my time and head out to tofino and hit every cool little town on the way.... The GF and i wanted to do this last year but sometimes life happens.... We are looking forward to making a go out of it this year.

I've heard the oregon coast is just AWESOME so maybe we will venture down there to....It all depends on which direction i want to go.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doin Sturgis this year and Arizona. goin for two week run. Wondering what others are planning this summer. Did BC, Seattle and Idaho last year and cant wait to get going again.

Your going to ride in Arizona in the summer? I did it last summer and it's tough, even at eighty miles an hour you get no cooling from the air flow. Stick to the higher elevations and it's not as bad!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too am planning a trip to the Island this year.....aiming for June !!! Bought a new bike a week ago ....so don't know which to take to the coast !!! My new 2011 Kawy KLR ..........or 2012 Honda CBR250r. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages........ I am riding the whole Island ,out to Tofino, then all the way up and board the ferry and take it to Prince Rupert and home thru Prince George, Jasper !!! Seen pics of the ferry ride (15hrs).....should be a trip to remember !!!
Can't wait ................come on SPRING !!!!!

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too am planning a trip to the Island this year.....aiming for June !!! Bought a new bike a week ago ....so don't know which to take to the coast !!! My new 2011 Kawy KLR ..........or 2012 Honda CBR250r. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages........ I am riding the whole Island ,out to Tofino, then all the way up and board the ferry and take it to Prince Rupert and home thru Prince George, Jasper !!! Seen pics of the ferry ride (15hrs).....should be a trip to remember !!!
Can't wait ................come on SPRING !!!!!

I would take 2011 KLR the cbr 250 would be fun but not as comfy

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting the bike put back together, aiming to have it dialed for March.

Might take a week, and point it west. Or southwest. See where a guy winds up, I know some folks on the island and such, but it would be cool to go into the states as I've never been south of the border from this area. Terribly loose plans I'll admit.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little lady and i are thinking Wyoming, Utah and Colorado this summer. Last summer we did Alberta, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, BC and back to Alberta. That was a good loop in 8 days. The summer before we did a big loop out to Whistler through Jasper, 100mile house, Lillouet then came home through Vernon, Nakusp, Creston, Kallispell MT and back home in 8 days. We love to tour on our bikes, lots of great things to see out there. Just need to firm up a route for this summer!

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
Your going to ride in Arizona in the summer? I did it last summer and it's tough, even at eighty miles an hour you get no cooling from the air flow. Stick to the higher elevations and it's not as bad!
agree, had a friend last summer had to stop at a air conditioned motel for a few days cause his wife was so sick from the heat. If its to much we'll head West to LA and head North from there. No concrete plans, just want to go and see what happens.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been affected by the heat on one ride. It is so hard to recoup after. The ride to Tofino on a bike is fricken awesome.

Top Bottom