studed tires for ATV or UTV

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked my tires this morning. None are missing and we rode 50 km yesterday. On the creek up hills and across fields. Some hills had no snow just ice and frozen dirt.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
mr. trashy, i was wondering if a guy where to take a set of crappy tires, but bolts through them with a washer inside, and a nut outside. if they would hold up, probably have to put tire slime in to keep them sealed. then you'd only need to change rims in the winter and summer tires in the spring.

Sorry for the delayed reply....

Reverse what you are thinking, and put the nuts on the inside. I have seen guys do that before, and it does work!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I checked my tires this morning. None are missing and we rode 50 km yesterday. On the creek up hills and across fields. Some hills had no snow just ice and frozen dirt.

Ice is nice..... isn't it :rolleyes:

That was a good quick vid :D You do have enough room to put another screw in the center of each tire, which will help on high speed corners. When you feel the ass end slipping or passing you, put your right foot to the oil pan and you will hook up!!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ice is nice..... isn't it :rolleyes:

That was a good quick vid :D You do have enough room to put another screw in the center of each tire, which will help on high speed corners. When you feel the ass end slipping or passing you, put your right foot to the oil pan and you will hook up!!!

Ok. I have more screws.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will do....I was impressed with traction. Guy riding other Rzr had no studs. No traction.

I've been saying it for years...... "Ice, is Nice" With the proper set up, I can go faster on ice, than most ppl can go on hard packed dry dirt ;)
A long time ago, when we could ride the Sturgeon river, basically right from town. We would meet at 11pm and drop on the ice, and wick it. You also ride faster at night, and a great way to practice for a race or just to see how everything handles. Also at night you could tell if someone was coming the other way and not have to worry about taking a left corner inside. At a high rate of speed :D

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing studded tires again. I high sided last weekend pretty hard. Put it back into two wheel drive to play a little. Didn't take long before I was looking at the bottom of the quad. I studded my old quad for two winters and it makes a huge difference. I just need to buy a second set of tires to do it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have summer rims and tires. Easy to swap over.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Top Bottom