studed tires for ATV or UTV

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always have some purchasing power for refreshments. you helping.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mr. trashy, i was wondering if a guy where to take a set of crappy tires, but bolts through them with a washer inside, and a nut outside. if they would hold up, probably have to put tire slime in to keep them sealed. then you'd only need to change rims in the winter and summer tires in the spring.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am riding tomorrow so will see how my tires work out...

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mr. trashy, i was wondering if a guy where to take a set of crappy tires, but bolts through them with a washer inside, and a nut outside. if they would hold up, probably have to put tire slime in to keep them sealed. then you'd only need to change rims in the winter and summer tires in the spring.

Might need grd 12 bolts for better wear. But a novel idea.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we will see how they held up.. in our groups down here in calgary.. quite a few have the MF44's like are in Arff's tires...
they seem to be holding in good after a bunch of rides... the only thing is they have half as much or less in there tires, mind you they are zilla's
i am interested to hear how they did cause you sort of have the same type of lug as my big horns and i was thinking if i stud i would put in as many as
arff did...see what he says... if more or less are the ticket for trail riding...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. They are fantastic. Dig right in and hook up.

Sent from my iPhone 5

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's raining here too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359742681.148540.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of Wetaskwin.

Sent from my iPhone 5

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Arff for that short review ...lol... let us know a little more like with as many studs as you have do you think fewer or more be better...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Arff for that short review ...lol... let us know a little more like with as many studs as you have do you think fewer or more be better...

186 per tire. None have fallen out yet.
on the flooded spots and glare ice it just goes...
very happy with them.
of course i drove very slow and took it easy..lol

hedge

Reaction score
Mark, if I make it out sunday we can trade bikes for a bit and you can feel for yourself. amazing difference with the studs and I haven't lost any yet that I'm aware of, although I haven't really looked that close.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike ( Hedge )

oh ya, i know they are going to make a difference.. i had studs in my tires on one of my popo's i had...
it would be like having double 4 x 4 cause i bet with as many studs as arff did you could climb those hills in 2 x 4...

its sort of a luxury as i see it...lol cause i mean Mitch on his 2 x 4 outlaw makes all the hills we do witout 4 x 4 and studs..
now if he had it would just make things easier..
same as me.. no hill has yet stopped me with my big's and i don't run studs either...

but again, i guess it would make things even easier...
the hardest part is do you invest in those grip studs or i would go the MF44's.. in there catalogue there called 360's
same as Arff is running...

im leaning to the MF's cause i can't swallow the price of those other ones.. but everyone i talk to says they grip way better than any other ice screw.. even that guy on the bike that came with us last time.. he says the same thing...

what to do...lol

Top Bottom