Strikt Freeride Jacket

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting one of these. Good quality? As good as Klim and Motorfist?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one they are good but personally I like a coat that has more insulation these are really thin but quality seems good

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought one beginning of the season.. Fits great, warm and dry, great quality material, best zippers i've seen on a jacket.. All the pockets are accessible when wearing a pack and the vents on the arms you can easily open down your sleeve instead of up and under your arm. Only thing i'd like is if they had a zipper on the back that i could attach to my Strikt bibs..

Great riding gear.. Take a look at the bibs too - fit great, snug in the body but lots of room in the legs so super comfy, warm and dry..

Strikt

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words Director. We work like maniacs on our products and its really nice to hear that you notice the small things that are so important to us. To answer your question about the back zipper to affix the jacket to the bib, well this is a sticky one. Volcom holds a patent that basically doesnt not allow anyone to have this feature. Some brands ignore this but we feel its important to respect our competition and allies. Its a tough choice but unfortunately its the right thing to do.

Happy Braapin!

Team Strikt

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words Director. We work like maniacs on our products and its really nice to hear that you notice the small things that are so important to us. To answer your question about the back zipper to affix the jacket to the bib, well this is a sticky one. Volcom holds a patent that basically doesnt not allow anyone to have this feature. Some brands ignore this but we feel its important to respect our competition and allies. Its a tough choice but unfortunately its the right thing to do.

Happy Braapin!

Team Strikt

Had half a dozen jackets over the last few years from a variety of brands, ski-doo, Klim, sled necks, burton, volcom, some held up and others i wrecked fairly quick.. I've tried to use boarding gear for sledding and vise versa and found it's best to stick with built for purpose.. Your gear was able hit the highlights i was looking for when it came to sledding..

I mention the zipper as my Volcom boarding gear has it on there and a pair of pants became a super warm and cozy combo..

Folks at Mountain Motorsports really know your stuff and made the purchase super easy..

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the jacket all year, I really like it. The material is softer and not as stiff as my Klim shell. The Strikt jacket is definetly not as warm so to be equal I have to wear a little heavier fleece, but I think as the season goes on I'm going to be able to wear less under and be more comfortable. Zippers are great, sleeve thumb holes work well, pockets all accessible, if I had one suggestion it would be to make the neck opening just a bit smaller around, it gapes open a bit so you get a lot of excess air coming in which forces you to wear more bulky things to keep out the draft.
Great coat, good job Strikt, nice to have choices.

Korey

Reaction score
Love my free ride jacket super comfortable also have the rigger bigs that fit great warm and dry not sure about that quality maybe im just to rough on gear but one of the buttons around the ankle has busted off and one of the plastic clips for the shoulder strap has busted personally I would use abetter material then plastic but other then needing a new pair im happy with its performance

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my free ride jacket super comfortable also have the rigger bigs that fit great warm and dry not sure about that quality maybe im just to rough on gear but one of the buttons around the ankle has busted off and one of the plastic clips for the shoulder strap has busted personally I would use abetter material then plastic but other then needing a new pair im happy with its performance

I think they have a 3 year no question. Warrenty that's what the guys told me when I bought my coat

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they have a 3 year no question. Warrenty that's what the guys told me when I bought my coat

Interesting any imput team strikt?

I honestly hope this isn't true. It's great for a company to stand behind their product, and a 3 yr warranty would be great, but I don't like the idea of no questions asked. It just leads to guys taking advantage of it, and thus passing on the cost of replacements to the consumer in terms of higher retail prices. I have had some massive tears put in my gear from running boards. I would never expect it to be a warranty issue, and I just go get it fixed and have put some cordura in some of the more high wear areas. However; working in retail before, I've seen people try to claim warranty on burn holes.

Korey

Reaction score
Agreed there's always some guy that will try and take advantage of a good thing. Unfortunate but true

I honestly hope this isn't true. It's great for a company to stand behind their product, and a 3 yr warranty would be great, but I don't like the idea of no questions asked. It just leads to guys taking advantage of it, and thus passing on the cost of replacements to the consumer in terms of higher retail prices. I have had some massive tears put in my gear from running boards. I would never expect it to be a warranty issue, and I just go get it fixed and have put some cordura in some of the more high wear areas. However; working in retail before, I've seen people try to claim warranty on burn holes.

bbecker17

Reaction score
i tore my strikt bibs (my fault) earlier this year and got ahold of strikt regarding how i should repair them, they were interested in how i tore them and if i was happy with their gear, gave me advice on how to repair, they also offered that at the end of the year if i wanted to send them my gear they could replace the section were my tear was for the cost of shipping it there and back

really happy with customer service

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Happy Braapin!

Team Strikt

that is cool to know, so many times you see something and you are frustrated with a product cause it has everything but on key thing and you wonder WHY DONT THEY DO THAT TOO. patents! like everyone knows about them but you never think thats the reason why.

Strikt

Reaction score
Interesting any imput team strikt?

Hi Korey,
Our warranty is not no questions asked although I think it seems that way to some. Our dealers know how seriously we take this and they know we take care of our own. If it is a legitimate failure in workmanship or materials, we have to ask questions in order to reduce the chances of it reoccurring. More often then not, we go above and beyond our warranty, but it is a case by case basis. For example, one of our customers broke his leg and the medics cut his limited edition Strikt MX pants in half. He sent us an email with pictures and he was more disappointed that they cut his new pants than the fact that his femur was in three pieces. So we made him a new pair and sent it to the hospital and he couldn't believe it. In your case Korey, we dont want you to worry about whether or not your hard on your gear. If you need a new buckle or a snap you can send it to us and we will fix it or we can send you the parts to fix it yourself as it is quite easy. As I said, we take care of our own and now you are one of us!

email your request to info@strikt.ca

Happy Braapin!

Team Strikt

Top Bottom