Street legals Oct.4

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you running a rollbar in that thing or are they looking the other way if your just under 11.5?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you running a rollbar in that thing or are they looking the other way if your just under 11.5?
2 of us went under and they didn't say anything, normally they are pretty strict. I am putting in a 6 pt. bar this winter (good to 10.0) hopefully next year running mid 10's

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We never made it up but I would have liked to have seen it run that fast! Was it the singe stack truck? What did you do to it to it to get it from the 12 flat range to low 11's? That's a huge HP increase in a truck that weighs that much.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAVT5SL8bA[/media]

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We never made it up but I would have liked to have seen it run that fast! Was it the singe stack truck? What did you do to it to it to get it from the 12 flat range to low 11's? That's a huge HP increase in a truck that weighs that much.

Chassis setup and tuning. It ran 11.76 on diesel and the 11.45 run was with a .054 nitrous jet.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, goal for this year was 11.50. next year roll bar and start pushing it. this was only the 3rd time to the track with it.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motor only run
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om7SKWF2lqM[/media]

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey kelly - that's pretty cool. Forgive my lack of knowledge but what is going on when you are revving it up while the guy in the other lane is off first - is it just your own lane time you are competing against - closest I get to the track is watching the odd 'racing for pinks' on TLC.???? looks cool - the kids must love that eh???

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on that particular run i was making sure that my boost was up when i left. reaction time does not count on your time slip. It was a qualifying run so i wasn't actually racing anyone, just the clock.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
on that particular run i was making sure that my boost was up when i left. Reaction time does not count on your time slip. It was a qualifying run so i wasn't actually racing anyone, just the clock.

how did you doo in the races then? How many rounds did you make it?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did you doo in the races then? How many rounds did you make it?

Made it 2 rounds. tried a different tune in round 3 with lower timing and wouldn't light the turbo and almost stalled the truck. I only went into the bracket class to get more runs. I am not really a bracket racer.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
made it 2 rounds. Tried a different tune in round 3 with lower timing and wouldn't light the turbo and almost stalled the truck. I only went into the bracket class to get more runs. I am not really a bracket racer.

thanks, you did us diesel boys proud! Were there any other diesels there???

Top Bottom