Storage over the summer

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always been under the impression that you should top up the fuel tank and run the perscribed amount of Stabil through it. Isn't Stabil meant to stop the deterioration of the fuel? I thought that storing it wth a full tank of fuel reduces the amount of condensation that accumulates on the inside of the fuel tank due to temp fluctuations. Less condensation = less carb problems.(?) I've never fogged my sleds but probably should. Think I'll give it a try this year.
This is how I've always stored my sleds and have yet to have any problem with getting them up and running the next season. I'm definitely no sled-head and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Good cleaning and service first off. Then fog. Pull carbs and fuel filter to drain ALL fuel from system. Place a short 2x4 under track so the paddles do not curl on the floor. Pull the belt off then cover them up and put them in the garage. I've done this ritual every spring with both sleds and have not had any issuses with the motors. BTW, my '99 RMK has 1800 miles and the '01 has 1100 on it. So they do sit alot. The '99 sat for 2yrs and it ran like a top last weekend. Proper storage and care for your machine does pay off.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I actually do very little, grease it, add stabilizer to at least half a tank of fuel ( too little fuel dries it out). And put it on a lift if you have one to keep track elevated. After that I start it every few months minimum with a cold beer in hand and enjoy the sound and smell of winter fun!!! If you leave it for longer you should fog or at least pour a little oil down each cylinder. I just found they were a bitch to start after fogging so I've quit doing it. This way works great and is more fun!! :beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

Agree...X2. (about the cold beer and smell thing :d )

Top Bottom