Stop goggles from fogging?

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find that if i am fogging up, i just need to speed up to get some extra air flow!!!!

I find that also, as long as it doesn't ice the fog.

The last time I nearly fogged up, I saw the "American Crew" dudes :nono:coming toward me, over the horizon, so I got the heck outa DODGE!!!!!:PDT_bud:

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too funny. good posts and great ideas on the anti-fog. i was told to buy a pair of the SPY goggles "they work the best" well the first exhale and they were fogged. i have tryed 3 different types of googles and yes the double works the best... also i know in scuba you spit in the goggles and they will not fog. but in the winter i think the spit would freeze lol.

Keng

Reaction score
i know you keep saying double lenses. i have a double lense on my helmet and it seems no matter what i try it fogs on me. vents open closed one open one half open etc.... i never havea problem with my snowcross and goggles. any help would be awesome.

Keng

Reaction score
my snow cross helmet and goggles are great never fog but when its cold or im trail riding i use my full face helmet and she fogs in two minutes flat.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my snow cross helmet and goggles are great never fog but when its cold or im trail riding i use my full face helmet and she fogs in two minutes flat.

thats why i don't like full face i don't find that many problems with the breath deflector and goggles on you stay warm but thats just my :twocents:

Keng

Reaction score
oh i know. love the open helmet. but on those looooong rides its nice.. looks like im going to a modular

Keng

Reaction score
oh i know. but on the days when im just going for a ride with the wife its nice.. just now im gonna be stuck buy two 400 dollar helmets.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went sleddin for three days this weekend tried three different approaches to try and not fog up.....bought a new "breathe deflector bilaclava" which was a waste of money......first tried a spray that did not help...then tried a cloth that you wipe gggles down with and that didn't help...BUT third day I tried shampoo, rub it on then wipe off gently, used with old $5 bilaclava and worked great!!! I think these products that are supposed to help are a waste of time and money.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've found that the only time my goggles fogged up was when the balaclava became wet from breathing. So what I did was cut out some of the material over the mouth and nose area. Since then no fogging issues.

Like you I've tried all the other products too, I even tried the higher end BRP helmets.... I was never satisfied because at some point they would fog..... :mad:

went sleddin for three days this weekend tried three different approaches to try and not fog up.....bought a new "breathe deflector bilaclava" which was a waste of money......first tried a spray that did not help...then tried a cloth that you wipe gggles down with and that didn't help...BUT third day I tried shampoo, rub it on then wipe off gently, used with old $5 bilaclava and worked great!!! I think these products that are supposed to help are a waste of time and money.

Waxy

Reaction score
I cut way down on goggle fog once I learned how it was happening. For myself most of the time I was fogged up was because I was overheating (not my sled) I found that the neck of my jacket was acting like a chiminey for hot air into my helmet and my head was wet from sweat. I started wearing gortex and I make sure I'm not overdressed. A good breath deflector is a must and double lens's. Theres also some anti-fog stuff out called "catcrap" works well but needs to be reapplied often.

I completely agree.

That's the single biggest thing I've found. If I'm too hot and sweating, my goggles will be totally fogged up. If you control your temp and you aren't sweating, you'll be amazed how clear your goggles stay, no need for fancy breath deflectors etc... I've learned the last few years that better gear and less of it is the way to go. Ride comfortable or a little on the cool side...

Now, when it's REALLY cold, there's not much you can do. Duct tape the exposed skin and give'er!

Waxy

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most goggles come with anti fog stuff on them, but when you use your fingers or gloves to remove snow or mud or whatever it takes it off. they recomend that you only use the cleaning cloth that the goggles should hav come with.

Top Bottom