Stolen truck and trailer and 6 sleds

dwillowguy

Reaction score
I have to agree with the comment.."we are our worst enemies", we are out there looking for deals on parts. A blown engine rebuild will run us 700+, while a complete engine or even sled could probably be bought for 1000 bucks. They don't care how much money or time you invested in your machine, they will sell it for pennies on the dollar. If it gets parted out good luck trying to find it. A while back I heard that they were stripping the machines down and dumping the tunnel in a ditch or industrial area. Cops come and pick it up, then auction off at a later date. They buy it legal now and reassemble sled and sell it with valid paperwork.

gdawg

Reaction score
simple fix for the police. put a gps unit on a truck and trailer or sled. make it look easy to steal and away ya go. i got one on my sled "spark nano" gps device. giver take my sled. but when i come knockin on ur door dont be surprise. put a sticker on ur window. equipped with gps, nothing in this vehicle is worth risking your life for. its gona take a stolen truck and sled to swerve and kill a family of 5 before they care enough to take action.its sad

rgutmann

Reaction score
People will just stop coming to Revy is what will happen. It was bad years ago, then seemed to get better. But the focus of the town has shifted to skiers. There thats likely were any support will go. I know Cathy/Angine put a pile of effort into the club/sledding/trails/etc that we never see. Sure hope something gets done in the whole interior of B.C.
May need to contact Revelstoke Chamber of Commerce as this has to have an impact on business for the locals. They may be able to rattle some chains as far as policing goes as it affects the dollars in their pockets.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a reward out to the cops like a $300.00 gift certifacte to the local donut shops. Bet we we would a couples sleds back for a donut reward.

wienerwater

Reaction score
Here is the post from Alpine last week-end from another site-
Stolen Last night from Revelstoke BC. Please keep an out out for a
Blue 2008 Blue F350 crew Cab Dually with a deck and a 30ft White Mirage enclosed V-Nose trailer. 2 Blue turbo nytros on the deck and 5Nytro Turbos in the trailer.We just found out the truck has been stolen any Help or sightings will be appreciated. Thanks Please call Julien/Dean if you hear anything 250-804-4334
The 4 for sure are one of a kind, tunnels with Alpine carved out in the sides, custom paint and mods etc.I think with the rest, 2 of the Nytros were blue and white, stock looking, but with their own rear mount turbo's, only a handful out there, so good luck who needs help setting it up later if parted out.
As far as how the Fords can be stolen, such as this one, so simple and ICBC better look into it.
Again, ICBC covers the trucks and trailers, and of course, they seem to show up, so no big deal to them. If the sleds were inssured through ICBC, then they either raise the sled insurance rates, or get the cops/Revelstoke city involved more.
We are our worst enemy many times, we spend thousands on upgrades etc, but cheap out on insurance or anti-theft, until after the fact. It is sad we have to think of these means, but because we are the innocent parties and look out for our own, there is always an outsider ruining it.
This stuff seems to all head toward Kelowna way, through Enderby at least.
A gps is a great idea, but you need the thing stolen first, then look for it, not fun, but hopefully catch the "Big guys" in the picture, not the crackhead given a shopping list for an easy $1000.There is alarm systems, easy to install and turn on, hide in many places hard to see and reliable as well.
I hope this crap ends soon, it's sickening.By the way, I personally disagree with threads such as "Show us your sleds", since there are people out there being truly honest and want to see, but there are also people looking at these forums with bad intentions, and later when you tell about your big trip to such and such place and when, it make's like open season for midnight shopping and already knowing what to be looking for.Just an opinion is all.

Last edited:

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does not matter what brand of truck you have-a basic alarm/starter combo cost less than $500,w/ engine disable.Make your truck and trailer harder to steal.The thieves will always go for the easy ones first.I can't believe how much $$$ people are willing to put into bling and yet skimp on basic protection.

wienerwater

Reaction score
"Does not matter what brand of truck you have-a basic alarm/starter combo cost less than $500,w/ engine disable."
In this case it does matter, as the Fords have a serious and easy way to get around the system. I have the same factory alarm system with engine immobiliser as the last one stolen and it scares the hell out of me now, how easy it is.Would be nice if Ford or ICBC here would something about it, as it's an expensive option to add on, but useless to anyone with a little inner knowledge, as the thieves do.That seems to be the deal though, the truck shows up usually, so the insurance is off the hook for the most part, so no pressure on Ford either.
Instead of just a money grab from the government for registering sleds, the money should be put into helping us out with the situation about theft of the stuff.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Blackline GPS out of Calgary. We use one of their Snitch units with our sleds, toss it in the truck and if there is movement it will email you and allow for tracking of the unit. Well worth the money. I believe the Snitch is discontinued but there are other options available that do the same thing. Would love to track the vehicle and catch these SOB's in the act.

fastmax

Reaction score
You guys need guard dogs guarding your sleds.Put a doggy door in your trailer,when the thiefs sneaks around it.........

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Once again, where are the RCMP bait trailers and trucks....

They seem to find serial killers, I guess sleds trucks trailers are not high on the priorty list?

Go figure!

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody from the sledding community approached the RCMP in Revy about this? There should be an easy solution for the RCMP. STOP EVERY TRUCK/TRAILER, OR TRUCK/SLED COMBO MOVING AFTER 10PM. Veryify that the sleds/trailers/and trucks match those who are in the trucks. Check the god damn steering column.

I don't think anybody that is legit will have any problem taking 5 minutes to allow the RCMP to check into the situation, then send them on their way.

The problem shouldn't be that hard to fix. It's not as if there are 8 different highways leaving Revy.

But if its anything like the RCMP around here, they are under staffed, and ONLY WORK TILL 11PM OR MIDNIGHT. No 24hr policing. (not sure if that applys in Revy or not)

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody from the sledding community approached the RCMP in Revy about this? There should be an easy solution for the RCMP. STOP EVERY TRUCK/TRAILER, OR TRUCK/SLED COMBO MOVING AFTER 10PM. Veryify that the sleds/trailers/and trucks match those who are in the trucks. Check the god damn steering column.

I don't think anybody that is legit will have any problem taking 5 minutes to allow the RCMP to check into the situation, then send them on their way.

The problem shouldn't be that hard to fix. It's not as if there are 8 different highways leaving Revy.

But if its anything like the RCMP around here, they are under staffed, and ONLY WORK TILL 11PM OR MIDNIGHT. No 24hr policing. (not sure if that applys in Revy or not)

HAHA there to busy doing??? and ????,when I was living there friend had to pieces of equipment stolen at night and 24 hrs later GPS had track it down in seacan heading across pacific.stuff moves fast

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA there to busy doing??? and ????,when I was living there friend had to pieces of equipment stolen at night and 24 hrs later GPS had track it down in seacan heading across pacific.stuff moves fast
They are busy busting kids smoking weed at the ski hill and waiting outside the bars at night busting people for dui as far as I can tell. Yhat place is nuts for how many cops are around downtown at night.If you want your to trailer safe park it in the Tim HOrtons parkinglot.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
This has been said before........... All ford superduty owners need a secondary theft prevention!!! When i had a 2004 ford superduty, i'd pull the fuel pump fuse and relay when parked in staging areas and parking lots when in the mountains with the trailer on.
The superduties can be broken into very easily with a thin screwdriver under the door handles, so if any of you have superduties, take a look for any marks, creases, or small dents immediately under the handles. If there are any present, your truck was victimized, or at least attempted on.
The superduties also are easily started and steering unlocked, by simply punching off the ignition key tumbler cover and pulling out the ignition tumbler, then using screwdrivers to start them......
This is sad reality, but, if you own a superduty, doo something to prevent the thefts!!!!!!
Gm's and dodges have chipped keys, and as a result, you cannot start these vehicles without the ignition key, so they cannot be stolen as easily as the fords.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try . I have a aftermarket alarm system on my 08 superduty and a titan alarm system with the gps tracking system on the enclosed trailer. nice set up. U can setup a geo-perimiter fence around the trailer, or set it up so that if it moves at all it will text you on your cell and send an e-mail to your computer. Lots of other features as well. Sorry about your loss guys. never good to hear about the misfortune of fellow sledders.

wienerwater

Reaction score
The superduties can be broken into very easily with a thin screwdriver under the door handles, so if any of you have superduties, take a look for any marks, creases, or small dents immediately under the handles. If there are any present, your truck was victimized, or at least attempted on.
The superduties also are easily started and steering unlocked, by simply punching off the ignition key tumbler cover and pulling out the ignition tumbler, then using screwdrivers to start them......
Geez...nice input, but did you have to tell the remaining 9 million idiots how to do it?
The police in Revy are quite aware of what's up and how it's been done.Just wait and see what happens now.

Top Bottom