Stolen truck and trailer and 6 sleds

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
More sleds stolen?

I am just a safety guy, but why do the RCMP not put out a bait trailer and truck?

I know they have done this with vehicles.

To me it would be to easy to bait the bastards and then VOILA, we have some of our thieves and I am sure it would lead to the bigger theft ring.

I am sure they have lots of confiscated vehicles, trailers, sleds from crack house busts.

Just my two cents.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Yes more :mad: and happened earlier this wk. at a residence, another 6 sleds.

There have also been thefts in Sicamous over the last 2 wks. For the last 2 yrs. thefts have not been a big problem, only one I recall was last yr. early in the season, a bunch of rental sleds disappeared. The thiefs moved up to the North for a couple seasons and not it looks like they have come back down this way.
All of the trucks have been Fords.
Trucks and trailers are found down Enderby/Vernon way.

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
OKAY!

Lets talk with the RCMP and get them to pull over all vehicles with sleds/trailers between 12 and 6 in the morning.

Honest people will have no problem as they will have drivers lecense and insurance, and it will only be a short dealy.

The thieves will end up in jail.

I know that some of you are going to say, "well if i am out and returning to the hotel after an evening out, I do not want to get pulled over"

Take a cab, it is way cheaper than dealing with insurance, ride home etc.

I would not mind getting pulled over for a quick check.

I sure would love it if the RCMP pulled over a vehicle and trailer that belonged to me... I would still be riding that day and the bastages would be in jail..

bigbull

Reaction score
Website
www.bigbullinc.com
OKAY!

Lets talk with the RCMP and get them to pull over all vehicles with sleds/trailers between 12 and 6 in the morning.

Honest people will have no problem as they will have drivers lecense and insurance, and it will only be a short dealy.

I know that some of you are going to say, "well if i am out and returning to the hotel after an evening out, I do not want to get pulled over"

I sure would love it if the RCMP pulled over a vehicle and trailer that belonged to me... I would still be riding that day and the bastages would be in jail..

I have been pulled over in the evenings 4 times, never received a ticket or a warning, just sobriety checks. I dont bitch, but I wish more time would be spent driving around town where sledders park. Most of the theft seems to happen on friday and saturday nights. MAYBE WHEN SOBRIETY CHECKS ARE RUNNING???
BB

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OKAY!

Yah I agree but the RCMP ar too busy handing out stupid tickets like tinted side windows:realmad:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I can actually agree on that one.

Last trip my daughter and my brother following us, both got pulled over and handed tickets for tint....

LOL! We just laughed and hammered down to get to Revy.

han solo

Reaction score
People will just stop coming to Revy is what will happen. It was bad years ago, then seemed to get better. But the focus of the town has shifted to skiers. There thats likely were any support will go. I know Cathy/Angine put a pile of effort into the club/sledding/trails/etc that we never see. Sure hope something gets done in the whole interior of B.C.

Masterquadman

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the sleds. I agree with the bait car idea. All they need is a ford truck and a big sled trailer you would have your man in no time. I have a Ford and I am definitely concerned about heading to Revy. I think I would have to sleep in my truck. Hope you had insurance.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Glad to hear you got your rig back, and sorry the sleds weren't found. This $hit has gotta stop. Maybe someone bringing the media ontop of it as a BC issue will get some needed heat on the RCMP to work the trailers more. Thefts have been hitting all the sledding communities throughout AB and BC lately. Enough is enough. Call CBC and see if they'll pick up the story after reading these threads.

clintonk

Reaction score
Maybe people should use the "SPOT" for their truck and trailer, besides using it on the hill. Not sure if it would work or not, but you would probably be able to locate the truck/trailer pretty quick and maybe even catch the crooks? Just a thought..

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats actually a great idea

Your spot could be turned on, put in track mode and would track the truck for days.

One could even be mounted on a sled somewhere or even in a handlebar bag.

Its a shame it comes to this

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the cops get them it's only a slap on the wrist, if we get them we go to jail with no card to get out free.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your spot could be turned on, put in track mode and would track the truck for days.

We will see more and more people with GPS locators on vehicles in the future I think. I'm seriously thinking of putting one on my new truck. Just not worth the hassle and it'll allow me to find the truck before the cops do. Would be great to find out who it doing it, obviously they want the sleds for a reason, don't seem to care about the trucks. Its too bad nothing is being done, guaranteed its only a few individuals. Probably the same guys from Golden last year. And ya, its going to affect things at Revy, just like it did at Golden until the assclowns involved got caught.

I guess its going to take someone sleeping in the trailer to protect their sh!t. Dog won't do jack, they'll just go to some remote area and let the dog out and then drive away, the dog will be the only one that suffers.

What about 12 gauge pointed at the trailer door with a string through a pulley and tied to the trigger. Thief opens the door and BOOM!!!

dwillowguy

Reaction score
We've been putting a baby monitor into the sled trailer, they pick up any noise around or inside the trailer. Once you hear anything, you can go out on give the boy's a major ass kickin.:):):):)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually thats a great idea, we have a video baby monitor......

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good idea , but you don,t think these guys read these site ( post )to see what guys are riding and when you are planing a trip and maybe some other things to look for once they have you stuff ( like trackers , spots etc. )!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I feel sorry for everyone's loss and we shouldn't be in this situation but with the way society is.....it is going to get worse before it gets any better.

In BC, I think the "bait car" idea was brought forward by ICBC due the fact that stolen vehicles were costing them a lot of cash. ICBC put the pressure on the RCMP or the attorney general's office and so on.

It appears to me that the majority of stolen sleds/trucks/trailers are from Alberta (please enlighten me if I'm wrong) and there isn't the urgency. I'm not saying it is right, but the RCMP don't seem to have the same mandate as they did with the "bait car" program. Maybe the Alberta insurance companies need to assert some pressure in the right places. And yes, the tinted window tickets have become a priority ever since the cell phone bill came into effect

If these sleds mostly go to chop shops and are fast income for the criminals, who is buying the parts? Sledders!! How many of us search around to buy parts and accessories cheap? Are we our own worst enemies? If there was no market for cheap parts would the stealing stop?

Just some thoughts to add to the conversation....hope the thieving quits soon.

Apextenn

Reaction score
What needs to happen is a police task force has to be setup to bad their couldnt be a public funded on then it would actually happen like say get donations etc from peed off sledders to get a bait truck / trailer and actually bust these guys not when then steal the truck but track where the sleds go cause their is no point of stealing a sled if their is no one to buy it. Especially since most of these seem very professionally done steal truck/trailer meet up with another truck unload leave truck and trailer. Obviously these sleds are ending up in some chop shop or something like that. And i know that the easiest thing to make sure this doesnt happen is to lock everything up in my opinion should just mount a shot gun with a trip wire and as aimed downwards at the door and as soon as it is opened without be disarmed by by sled theif problem jj but unfortuantly even if the cops catch the guys they will get a slap on the wrist and if they are younger then 18 might not even spend a night in jail. To tell the truth why not be a theif in canada worst thing that could possibly happen to you is to get caught by the owner and get the ch!t kicked out of you but then you could sue them for harm and losses what a F"ed up system. Just my .02 cent

Top Bottom