Stolen black 2010 f-250 cabela's

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dodge is gutless compared to a ford? Are you high? Maybe compared to your old one not stock, but not stock for stock. If you want a good comparison, take the 6 speed dodge and hook up 15k to both and see which one is gutless :d The auto is a POS that wrecks it.

Cyle=dreamworld. :rolleyes: Dodge doesn't even have the towing capabilities of GM or Ford that was the reason that diesel power didn't have one in there last towing competition. I think we all know how much you are in love with the cummins:eek: you don't have to keep on telling us how good your dad's truck is.:nono::realmad:

Rant over

Oilboy

Sorry to hear about your truck hopefully they find it not beat to Sheeet.

Scuba

OUT.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya.. maybe the auto does wreck the 6.7 cummins but the longhorn edition i test drove felt really slow and the motor felt like it was almost detuned and laboring to pick up rpm i do realize it had 100kms on it and isnt anywhere near broke in but it just didnt feel right to me, and when i test drove the 6.7 ford my gf even said the ford would blow the dodge outa the water with just the seat of the pants accelleration you can feel.

i have heard the same about the 6.7 in the dodge gutless pos, guy in ouir shop his dad has a oilfield hotshot company, bought 4 new dodges to replace his 08s i believ they wer . took them all back and told the dealer to keep the pieces of chit, gutless and ate nearly double the fuel as the old ones, he ended up buying the 2 of his old ones back that were still on the lot and got another couple at the auction.
as for the new ford 6.7 haven't heard either way, got the offer to drive them, last week when i was looking at new ones but said no. so that i wouldn't want it to bad lol:d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle=dreamworld. :rolleyes: Dodge doesn't even have the towing capabilities of GM or Ford that was the reason that diesel power didn't have one in there last towing competition. I think we all know how much you are in love with the cummins:eek: you don't have to keep on telling us how good your dad's truck is.:nono::realmad:

Rant over

Oilboy

Sorry to hear about your truck hopefully they find it not beat to Sheeet.

Scuba

OUT.

Because tow capacities mean something? It isn't worth the paper it's on. There is thousands of people pulling 30,000+lbs with 1 tons, nearly all have a cummins under the hood. Manufactures rating mean nothing whatsoever.

Maybe pull your head out of the sand, and stop looking at manufacture ratings, and ford and GM sponcered tests :rolleyes: Any test that doesn't include all 3 one-tons has a reason for it because it's rigged.

The 6.7 is garbage compared to the 5.9, but still leaps and bounds ahead of the other two. The other two are quicker empty, but as said before, put a trailer behind him in a real world test and see what happens. Simple physics of a I6 over a V8 diesel.......

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have heard the same about the 6.7 in the dodge gutless pos, guy in ouir shop his dad has a oilfield hotshot company, bought 4 new dodges to replace his 08s i believ they wer . took them all back and told the dealer to keep the pieces of chit, gutless and ate nearly double the fuel as the old ones, he ended up buying the 2 of his old ones back that were still on the lot and got another couple at the auction.
as for the new ford 6.7 haven't heard either way, got the offer to drive them, last week when i was looking at new ones but said no. so that i wouldn't want it to bad lol:d

Ya my friends buddies dads moms did to! :rolleyes:

08 motor is 99.999 the same as both the 2010 or 2011, peak HP is the same. Research is hard......I guess it's easier to just spout out BS without any facts. They use the same fuel and make the same power.

I'd like to see ANY motor change ANYTIME EVER that used double the fuel. NEVER EVER EVER happened.

Sorry to ruin your fantasy world with real facts :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because tow capacities mean something? It isn't worth the paper it's on. There is thousands of people pulling 30,000+lbs with 1 tons, nearly all have a cummins under the hood. Manufactures rating mean nothing whatsoever.

Maybe pull your head out of the sand, and stop looking at manufacture ratings, and ford and GM sponcered tests :rolleyes: Any test that doesn't include all 3 one-tons has a reason for it because it's rigged.

The 6.7 is garbage compared to the 5.9, but still leaps and bounds ahead of the other two. The other two are quicker empty, but as said before, put a trailer behind him in a real world test and see what happens. Simple physics of a I6 over a V8 diesel.......

they didnt test the dodge because it had nothing new done to it in early 2011, so they were only testing the chevy and ford. they already had numbers on the 2010 dodge.

now with the upgrades to it they will be testing it...

and the dodge comercials are spouting more of those manufacture ratings that dont mean anything than the other guys...

ratings are more for stopping the load so you dont hit a school bus...

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the big issue with the dodge is the dam auto trans they have it garbage. I drive a ram 5500 deck all the time for work, first gear it will put you to the seat then from there it is just gutless down shifts on the smallest hills, it cant figure out what gear to be in cause it hunts all the time. The fuel mileage is crap i get 9 mile per gallon empty even less fully loaded. Even with a small car on the deck it feels like its working way to hard. I can do the same job with one of the fords burn way less fuel and and it handles the weight better. but hey its just my :twocents:. Oh and this is real world not just some sponsored test.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to thread jack, but what's the difference between a Cabella's and regular? Is it like a Laramie to dodge?

Cabella's has a sweet built in gun case and some other fancy chit, they are actually nice trucks. I was lucky enough to pdi one once.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the big issue with the dodge is the dam auto trans they have it garbage. I drive a ram 5500 deck all the time for work, first gear it will put you to the seat then from there it is just gutless down shifts on the smallest hills, it cant figure out what gear to be in cause it hunts all the time. The fuel mileage is crap i get 9 mile per gallon empty even less fully loaded. Even with a small car on the deck it feels like its working way to hard. I can do the same job with one of the fords burn way less fuel and and it handles the weight better. but hey its just my :twocents:. Oh and this is real world not just some sponsored test.

Ya they are garbage, but so are all other autos in pickups. Good thing dodge is the only one who still has a standard. Anyone who actually USES a diesel all the time wants a standard anyways.....Even with them being detuned in the dodge, they will outpull the auto all day long and use a lot less fuel.

A standard and proper rear end ratio for towing will make a bigger difference then even 100hp. The tests are flawed. I've noticed in some, they don't have equal rear end ratios, they up one to give it a huge edge, and wonder why one truck is so much better then the others :rolleyes:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A properly tuned 6 speed auto will run just as good as a standard, ya sure there's a little power loss through the auto but I have zero problem driving the new 6 speed fords they work pretty good hence the reason they got ride of their standards. For any one that has to drive their truck all day around town like our tow trucks the auto is way nicer to drive. Plus most our employees cant drive stick and keep toasting tranys and clutches.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Only on the internet.

I love the internet....

I hate thieves... if they were stealing imaginary internet chit that'd be fine but leave other peoples chit alone.... not sure what enables someone to think and do the chit people do.... our society lacks moral fabric because it's all been used to fabricate social safety nets to protect the lazy and stupid..

:rant::rant:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A properly tuned 6 speed auto will run just as good as a standard, ya sure there's a little power loss through the auto but I have zero problem driving the new 6 speed fords they work pretty good hence the reason they got ride of their standards. For any one that has to drive their truck all day around town like our tow trucks the auto is way nicer to drive. Plus most our employees cant drive stick and keep toasting tranys and clutches.

If you can't drive a stick, you shouldn't have a drivers licence. Especially in a frigging diesel they are a cakewalk to drive. A stick in the city can suck, but if you know how to drive they are miles better for towing, partially because of gearing, partially because you can get RPM's perfect which makes night and day difference. No autos ever know what gear to be in.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the internet....

I hate thieves... if they were stealing imaginary internet chit that'd be fine but leave other peoples chit alone.... not sure what enables someone to think and do the chit people do.... our society lacks moral fabric because it's all been used to fabricate social safety nets to protect the lazy and stupid..

:rant::rant:

Kind of like voting NDP? Expecting something for nothing? :rolleyes:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can't drive a stick, you shouldn't have a drivers licence. Especially in a frigging diesel they are a cakewalk to drive. A stick in the city can suck, but if you know how to drive they are miles better for towing, partially because of gearing, partially because you can get RPM's perfect which makes night and day difference. No autos ever know what gear to be in.

Cyle, I'm another Dodge owner, but I've got to say that's a narrow-minded comment. People drive autos for a variety of reasons. I'm on my fourth Cummins-powered Dodge and all have been autos. I've had no issues towing anything I choose and I've never had tranny issues. Regular services and a little common sense will prevent most issues. The 68rfe is my favourite. I had an '07 3500 6.7 Cummins with close to 190,000 km on it when I traded it on my '11. No issues and it did a great job of towing anything I wanted. Combined with the factory exhaust brake (and a few performance mods/deletes:d), it was an absolute pleasure to drive and tow with. My '11 only has 3500 km so far, but it feels much more responsive than my '07 did when stock. I just returned from a 1500 km trip and it averaged 14.2 L/100 km. Not that terrible for an emission-laden truck that's not even broken in.
Personally, I'd recommend these trucks to anyone.

All of the "Big 3" diesel pick-ups have strengths and weaknesses. One of my sledding buds had a fully loaded '08 F350 Lariat, C/C, dually, 4X4 with the 6.4. With the DPF deleted and a tuner, it was an absolute rocket and got somewhat reasonable fuel economy. Stock, it was ok power-wise, but you could barely afford to drive it. Still, overall, a very nice truck. It comes down to each person picking what suits them best. I love the Cummins engines and have had great luck with my Dodges, so that's what I'll continue to buy.

Edit: One other thing regarding your argument about the manuals being so superior to autos. If that's so, why are the auto-equipped Dodges rated for a much higher towing capacity than the sticks ? Could it be the glaring weak link - the stock clutch ? I've driven many vehicles over the last 32 years and without exception, it's always easier to get a heavy load moving with an auto. I could go on and on about the advantages of an auto, but I won't. Drive what you like and I'll do the same.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle, I'm another Dodge owner, but I've got to say that's a narrow-minded comment. People drive autos for a variety of reasons. I'm on my fourth Cummins-powered Dodge and all have been autos. I've had no issues towing anything I choose and I've never had tranny issues. Regular services and a little common sense will prevent most issues. The 68rfe is my favourite. I had an '07 3500 6.7 Cummins with close to 190,000 km on it when I traded it on my '11. No issues and it did a great job of towing anything I wanted. Combined with the factory exhaust brake (and a few performance mods/deletes:d), it was an absolute pleasure to drive and tow with. My '11 only has 3500 km so far, but it feels much more responsive than my '07 did when stock. I just returned from a 1500 km trip and it averaged 14.2 L/100 km. Not that terrible for an emission-laden truck that's not even broken in.
Personally, I'd recommend these trucks to anyone.

All of the "Big 3" diesel pick-ups have strengths and weaknesses. One of my sledding buds had a fully loaded '08 F350 Lariat, C/C, dually, 4X4 with the 6.4. With the DPF deleted and a tuner, it was an absolute rocket and got somewhat reasonable fuel economy. Stock, it was ok power-wise, but you could barely afford to drive it. Still, overall, a very nice truck. It comes down to each person picking what suits them best. I love the Cummins engines and have had great luck with my Dodges, so that's what I'll continue to buy.

Edit: One other thing regarding your argument about the manuals being so superior to autos. If that's so, why are the auto-equipped Dodges rated for a much higher towing capacity than the sticks ? Could it be the glaring weak link - the stock clutch ? I've driven many vehicles over the last 32 years and without exception, it's always easier to get a heavy load moving with an auto. I could go on and on about the advantages of an auto, but I won't. Drive what you like and I'll do the same.

You just stated what kind of driver you are. A auto getting a load moving quicker then a stick? That's hilarious! If you know how to drive, a stick is faster empty, and MILES ahead loaded. But then again, i've been in vehicles with people who've owned a stick for years and years and still can't drive it. Have you told all the hotshotters they are doing it wrong and need to go to autos? :rolleyes: A stock clutch will hold up as well as a stock auto, both not that well. They need to be beefed up to do bigger towing.

As I said before, if you know how to drive, you will know a stick is superior. Don't mean you have to own one, but should know it is better for many reasons. As said before to, towing capacities mean fawk all. A 3500 SRW can legally haul more then a 3500 DRW, FYI.

Having to drive a standard for a drivers licence would keep a lot of horrible drivers off the road, and would make people need to be more aware when driving.

Last edited:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
humm a stick is better is that why a duramax run 99.8 % auto i have seen it on the drag strip time and time again auto is faster i dont care how u shift unless its a $25000 lenko 6 speed tranny and i drive a big truck for a living and when i get out i dont want to shift gears in my superduty :rolleyes:

Top Bottom