stocking truck up for first highway closure

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extra pack of smokes Cholate bars dvd player battery charger T P candle foood drinks tow rope full as possible truck blankets water and for pets treats leash doggy bags

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing i forgot is a good hunting knife, smoked a deer years ago down by the corbin turnoff, and no one in 3 vehicles had anything to put it down.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing i forgot is a good hunting knife, smoked a deer years ago down by the corbin turnoff, and no one in 3 vehicles had anything to put it down.

I had to put one down with a pipe one time. Not a pleasant experience. Took WAY longer than I thought it would. Them little buggers are tough.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full tank as much as possible, sled full of gas just incase. Tow rope in case darrin gets stuck again, food, drinks(beer too) extra friggin beer, axe would be a good idea, shop towels aka industrial sized azz wipes after a timbersaw buger good idea, really should have a cb or 2 way radio wtf truck drivers, you going to talk to taliban, for info and to kill time, DVD player

go back u didn't bring enough beer or polaris parts

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From my days in the field I just tend to always have "stuff" in my truck. Year round there is shop towels, a big knife, first aid kit, fire ext, small tool kit, and a folded up woobie under the back seat. Going sledding there would be liquids of several varieties, munchies, and videos. I am a big winter tire believer....2 more weeks and the studded snow tires go on. Unreal where a good set of tires will take you.

On that note...in winter I carry a torque wrench and I throw 6 factory lug nuts in the glove box....my winter rims are fancy mags with different nuts than the stockers.....the stock wheel wrench won't work, and the mag nuts are not right for the factory spare. Something to think about gang.

I remember about 97 or 98 having a sleepover right by the east gates to the Rogers...my pard and I knew we were there for a few hours (like 5 or 6) so we drank a few shots of vodka and had a snooze. I am woken by the truck shaking at about 4 am....my bud had unloaded his sled and went down the hiway (with the snowfall and no traffic there was a foot of snow ON the roadway) to go see what the heck was holding us up and find out how long they would be. Hahaha....the forestry guys and the RCMPs were NOT real impressed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom