stocking truck up for first highway closure

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All that stuff, + Cell booster, SPOT, first aid kit, candles, tow rope, booster cables, Extra fuel, good spare tire that will come down from under the bed (I have seen lots of guys with flats and there under there truck p!ss off because there spare is stuck) Few hundy in cash just incase and last but not least tires with a snowflake on them and or tire chains.

boostmonkey.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lube for what? only ride with tex once in a while, he likes going to the sick moose, we usually don't go that far out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have the normal survival gear that I carry on my sled (I could spend a night in the bush with this) along with extra things in the truck; chains, water, snackies, flares, tow rope, shackles, axe, extra clothes, pretty near always a 1/2 tank of fuel, flashlight, and lots of tunes.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleeping bag, food, water, flashlight,GPS,spot,snow pants,flares, signal flares,tire chains,toilet paper,lighter,candles,and a bunch of other stuff...

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
back on track..

I carry a full first aid kit. Water,,and munchies.And try to have a full tank of gas plus jerry cans...

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full tank as much as possible, sled full of gas just incase. Tow rope, food, drinks(beer too), axe would be a good idea, shop towels aka industrial sized azz wipes, really should have a cb or 2 way radio for info and to kill time, DVD player

awkwardmoose

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
...So what do you pack in your truck for winter waits on the highway?...

Besides the standard 'so I don't die' stuff, my favorite item is the Uniden programmable VHF scanner. Almost anything coming off of an antenna, I can hear. This would include Parks Canada, highway maintenance, RCMP and anything else you can think of.

...makes the time go by a little faster.

wrelyks

Reaction score
in addition to axes flares chains a good set of h/h rain gear. putting chains on, changing tires or towing vehicles out in the salty muddy winter roads in your nice new xmas snowmobile gear is less then desirable.

Top Bottom