Steel and aluminum tariffs

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what the Europeans wanted to do with the Euro but Europe is not united enough to make it work within so how can they expect to have other countries supporting it. I doubt the Chinese want to own more than the 21 trillion debt the US holds now but enough to strongly influence the US and keep them in line. I hate to say this but eventually we will be answering to Chinese foreign demands not the US. Maybe not in my time but it will come. We also cant forget the Arabs. They hold a lot of US debt as well. They only thing US has going for themselves is the massive consumer market but that will change eventually as well. My Chinese customer was telling me their $100,000,000 plant being built as we speak is 3 months delayed due to of all things labour shortage. Cant find enough workers. Go figure!!
The EU always seems to always have one or two countries in a debt crisis that need bailing out so I don't think their currency is stable enough.

The Chinese are smart and are basically taking over countries with out firing a shot.

They buy their debt.
They buy their land.
They buy their companies.
They buy up real estate. (Vancouver)

They sell them cheap goods.
Drive down the price of their commodities by selling their **** quality ones for cheap and turn around buy their premium quality ones at surpressed prices.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bang on!

The EU always seems to always have one or two countries in a debt crisis that need bailing out so I don't think their currency is stable enough.

The Chinese are smart and are basically taking over countries with out firing a shot.

They buy their debt.
They buy their land.

Drive down the price of their commodities by selling their **** quality ones for cheap and turn around buy their premium quality ones at surpressed prices.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they don't only buy Vancouver real estate either. They had been going on a huge buying spree in the prairies as well.

They buy their debt.
They buy their land.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually, their government is discussing a carbon tax against industries (not private yet) and that has manufactures nervous as hell. China has been doing some major catch up in recent years on the environment. The area I visit frequently is loaded with solar industries all over the place. Green is their new thing as well despite the power generation plants all over spewing major pollution.

Image 3.jpg Image 4.jpg Image 1.jpg

They are smart, and there is lots of them.

Wonder if they have a carbon tax?
O wait.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot see any government not wanting a carbon tax, the people do not seem to mind paying this tax at all. In their minds it is not even a tax at all. But back to tariffs. Bombardier was handed over a billion dollars in a sweetheart deal by Trudeau, then the USA slapped 292% tariffs on Bombardier for unfair trade practices ….which the should have. Now the tariffs against Bombardier are gone???? Why?? Who got sold out??

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot see any government not wanting a carbon tax, the people do not seem to mind paying this tax at all. In their minds it is not even a tax at all. But back to tariffs. Bombardier was handed over a billion dollars in a sweetheart deal by Trudeau, then the USA slapped 292% tariffs on Bombardier for unfair trade practices ….which the should have. Now the tariffs against Bombardier are gone???? Why?? Who got sold out??
But where is the science?

If they are taxing it there should be a government funded study that conclusively states if we don't do this, this will happen.

And the paper should be available for every tax payer to read. But right now there is nothing.

All blind faith.

Sheep.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is just a tax, it has nothing to do with carbon. Carbon trailed warming and cooling by 800 years. It was not the driver of it. Now the G7 formally G8.....no Russia or China??? Anyway Trumped vowed to straighten out Trudeau and other g7 schemers.... oh boy Trudeau is at the center of this crap.

Top Bottom