Stay in Alberta or move to BC?

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer: Ok.....I will stay....but that means we have to go for a ride in da mud!!!! :d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you bring the thong and i'll bring the brews. hehe.

shheeet i'll have to go find the binoc's. ahh there ya are, just across the river. :d:d

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pics come when the ride in the mud comes.........just sayin...........

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my binoculars are all fuzzy, can you send some pics, now. thanks.

mud wrestling with emma, even if i lose i still sort of win, i think:d:beer:

friggin woman!!!

powderbasher

Reaction score
Hi Momma,
I am actually from Nakusp, born in Nelson, hubby is from Salmon Arm so I am somewhere around that area all the time. Been in Alberta 12 years and it still sucks just as much as the day I came here lol. Born and raised in BC...gonna be hard to live anywhere else and actually like it. We live on an acreage but its still no lakes, no mountains, no warm weather. The hubby is oilfield so will always work in Alberta. I can work whereever. Just trying to figure out if it would be 'worth it' or if it would be screwing ourselves because the economy, taxes, gov't there is so shitty. Plus the travel time for the hubby. :confused:

If Alberta sucks so much, just leave everything u made here, and leave :d

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great, maybe you can deal with the shitty diapers. seeing as you volunteered. guess you also got some kids to look after.

:specool: lol

Whitecourt eh.....sorry about yer luck lol :beer:

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know if other people do the commute thing and how it works for them. To see if its something that we should do or not. Not start a 2 cents bashing session. We will always work in Alberta.....and no we dont live here and spend only in BC, we spend it on quads, bikes, sleds, campers, vehicles, vacations, etc. Although we will probably buy our next toy hauler from the states. Ohhh noooo you think that will be ok??? Taking the all mighty alberta money to the states???? :p

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved the family out west 6 years ago, big decision to leave a booming economy but sure am glad we moved.

There is money to be made out here, good contractors and trades are making as much or more than in AB if they want to.

Lifestyle is where it is at, ever hear of a rich dieing man say "wish i would have made more money"? Nope, always "i wish i would have spent more time doing what i love"

I grew up in a oil feild home, dad away pipelining, mom at home sad. I can remember many times thinking all i want is my dad to be at my hockey game.

There was no way my kids were going to think the same, I make way less money but i see my kids every day, sled/ski etc 4 times a week and am loving life.

Best decision I ever made.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved the family out west 6 years ago, big decision to leave a booming economy but sure am glad we moved.

There is money to be made out here, good contractors and trades are making as much or more than in AB if they want to.

Lifestyle is where it is at, ever hear of a rich dieing man say "wish i would have made more money"? Nope, always "i wish i would have spent more time doing what i love"

I grew up in a oil feild home, dad away pipelining, mom at home sad. I can remember many times thinking all i want is my dad to be at my hockey game.

There was no way my kids were going to think the same, I make way less money but i see my kids every day, sled/ski etc 4 times a week and am loving life.

Eeesh just about caused a tear there!! My kids are still young, only 1 and 2, so this will definitly be something we will be dealing with soon enough!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My Dad worked on the rigs when I grew up, so did I until my daughter was born then I took a town job. She won't have to wish that I'll be at her events cause I'll just be there. Good on you for putting family first.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know if other people do the commute thing and how it works for them. To see if its something that we should do or not. Not start a 2 cents bashing session. We will always work in Alberta.....and no we dont live here and spend only in BC, we spend it on quads, bikes, sleds, campers, vehicles, vacations, etc. Although we will probably buy our next toy hauler from the states. Ohhh noooo you think that will be ok??? Taking the all mighty alberta money to the states???? :p

My wife and I were Born and raised in Alberta. Last December, she had enough of Alberta (Ft Mac) so we sold the house and moved. She picked Ladysmith on the island. Beautiful spot, beautiful home. I travel to work as I am I run my own project management company. Currently in Ft Sask and will be heading north yet in the near future. My current situation has me on 11 on 3 off which kinda sucks for travel, especially being on nights. But when I get contract up north I will be doing 7 on 7 off and that will be amazing. So I guess in short, we love it

Top Bottom