Spy pics or any other credible info on the 2013's

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Pro's need to and will get heavier. The boards are narrow. Everytime I see a Pro the owner is complaining about them being too narrow for a mountain sled. Seen lots of tunnel bracing added to them as well. They will be near 450 lbs next year.

I still think the XP is the best looking sled. The Polaris is really long in the front, and with its rearward opening panels...its just silly. Then Cat goes an does the same thing. Those little clips on the Polaris panels are a dumb idea too.

One tweak to the Pro's front bumper and nothing closes anymore either as everything has to line up with that bumper.

Don't forget the paint on the X's makes it heavier by a few pounds. I'll take a few pounds for paint anyday. The snow doesn't stick to it as bad. I don't see why the front end needs to be easier to fix? Don't run into anything.

A Doo can drop quite a few pounds very easily. The Etec can is heavy, the foam soaks up water pretty quick, dump that. The tool holder plastics and other sound proof items, ditch them. Doo's also come with 4 idlers. If its a big deal, lose those and then you are in the Pro's weight range. All that and we still don't have a silly fuel resistor plug.

I'll take their skid though, they did that right. Good attack angle, good suspension.

you mean holtz did that right :p

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please don't tell anyone but I like the look of the new Cats. Still not a fan of the tall spindles but they are a nice looking piece all the same. Ssssssssh.....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to like the look of the Cat's. I couldn't do it. When i first had a chance to see one last year I thought, hmmm, could this be my new sled. Then I awoke from that nightmare.

I'll say, its an okay looking sled. Doo could handle a seat remodel. The '12 seat is narrow, but I wouldn't mind it being even more so. Plus I don't have the prototypical wide sledder butt.

And correct Curtis, Holz did it right. Same goes for the SLP designed exhaust though.

Why can't Doo go out of house for some real world designed parts.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love everything about the ride of the Pro RMK and I am looking forward to testing the new chassis 2013 doo's this spring. Hopefully they convince me in going back to doo for 2014! I definitely won't get the first year sled though, I hope a bunch of people doo so they find all the issues for us people that hold out a bit! :p

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard rumors from a dealer that doo is throwing out a bunch of rumors that the 2013 will have independant moving rails on the skid to an 800 twin supercharged four stroke, i for one am waiting to see what they come up with

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard rumors from a dealer that doo is throwing out a bunch of rumors that the 2013 will have independant moving rails on the skid to an 800 twin supercharged four stroke, i for one am waiting to see what they come up with
Well if BRP builds a 4-stroke they are headed the wrong direction??All they need is 200hp 2-stroke and the same weight they have and every manufactured sled is toast!I rode with some stock 162 m1100's this week and they cant get by my 05 1000 so no need for a 3 ton 4-stroke.If you want 4-stroke build a 1200 and be happy.:realmad:Oh ya the Pro is no match for 1000 either.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little birdie told me today that i will get a peek around Jan 22 should be interesting

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little birdie told me today that i will get a peek around Jan 22 should be interesting

It will be interesting to see if they will unveil their new platform before the dealer meeting. I have seen the list of sleds that will be at the VIP demo event in Fernie for Mr. R's and A&E and they are all 2012 units. No mention of any 2013's.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if BRP builds a 4-stroke they are headed the wrong direction??All they need is 200hp 2-stroke and the same weight they have and every manufactured sled is toast!I rode with some stock 162 m1100's this week and they cant get by my 05 1000 so no need for a 3 ton 4-stroke.If you want 4-stroke build a 1200 and be happy.:realmad:Oh ya the Pro is no match for 1000 either.

Right on brutha! Lol.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Independent rails..... Sounds like a crappy rumor at that.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rear axle drive...........

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RAD was featured in a snow tech magazine article last year. Haven't heard anything about it since. Just throwin' chit out there.

Top Bottom