Spy pics or any other credible info on the 2013's

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my wife says to me " hun if they come out with a newer more powerfull summit next year, i'll take your 2012 and you can snow check a new one" SCHWING!!!!!!!

lets see if anyone has any reliable info on the new sled. I keep hearing guys say its gonna have a new chasis. I'm not sure there is any room for improvement left after the XP but I hope i'm wrong.
I do however like the prospect of more power thats covered by warranty.

pics are worth a 1000 words
icon6.png

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably wont see any spy pics. If you do then feel sorry for the guy that leaked them as he probably has just lost his job. Its no secret BRP changes itup every 5 years and something is happening just not at liberty to talk about it yet. BTW your wife is a keeper! Lol.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, that she is! I remember a few years back there were those first pics leaked of the xp. Everybody crowed that it was photoshop and then the xp is released and its very obvious that the pics were real.
someones gotta know something, who's not directly linked to BRP.
What can I say snopro, slow day at the office lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, that she is! I remember a few years back there were those first pics leaked of the xp. Everybody crowed that it was photoshop and then the xp is released and its very obvious that the pics were real.
someones gotta know something, who's not directly linked to BRP.
What can I say snopro, slow day at the office lol

I believe there is something out there. Now is it close to what is going to go into production for when the time comes? Hard to say. Too many talks and rumours out there for a 900 ACE Supercharged or turbo motor. Its probably comming sooner than later. Lets say they can get 160HP out of it, are you happy? A light, reliably 4-stroke that will maintain HP at elevation?

We know the XP is a great chassis. Really its downside became more apparent when the new Pro chassis came out. They had time to take what was already done and refine a good trail chassis(xp) into a great mountain chassis(pro). Too many times I heard that "xyz" changes were going to happen for the following year, and guess what, nothing. It took unitl 2012 to get a Summit set up that is good out of the crate. Minus the DS skis.

The Pro does a few things better than the XP. It gets up on the snow better. But just compare the location of the drivers and other suspension components in the skid and you can see why. Did BRP learn anything from this? Or are they going to go too far left to go past the competition? I hope not.

What I would like to see...same chassis. But a redesigned bulk head to move drive shaft. I hope they don't get rid of the front cooler. And how about a skid for mountain sleds, Holz or Timbersled designed. We are spending too much on stretched out trail sleds and spending more on making them great mountain sleds.

I think by NewYears you will have a better idea of what is coming after those in the know get their phone calls for test rides.

JBDoo

Reaction score
So my wife says to me " hun if they come out with a newer more powerfull summit next year, i'll take your 2012 and you can snow check a new one" SCHWING!!!!!!!

lets see if anyone has any reliable info on the new sled. I keep hearing guys say its gonna have a new chasis. I'm not sure there is any room for improvement left after the XP but I hope i'm wrong.

icon6.png

Wow...does she have any sisters???? That's awesome

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the way your wife thinks... and i also feel its going to be hard to beat the current xp, but as mentioned here the poos seam to get on top better, so maybe a change will happen with a proper skid from the factory... i heard bakers skid has been looked at seriously

i was planning to start a new build this last month on a carbon fiber chassie with a aero charger on a xp body style, but put it on hold till i see what is comming down the pipe for changes on the 13s

icon6.png

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most snowmobiliers have to be the most gullable bunch as we all know that anything that is first year is going to be trouble but some just can't wait to put the money down on something that hasn't been tested in the field.
All the people buying new as well as the aftermarket get to solve all the problems for the people that keep what is proven and wait for the new to be fixed.
Next year if they do come out with something everyone will be on the net complaining that they can't get parts,sled is late coming in,belts burning off,sled is heavier than staited and on and on.
Just remember to have a wife like The General and when yours isn't working or isn't arriving in time you can ride the wifeys. (if she will let you)
Some of us will wait and not get caught up in the hype. Someone always has to be first thou!!

Cheers

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember to have a wife like The General and when yours isn't working or isn't arriving in time you can ride the wifeys. (if she will let you)

pfi572

she may let me ride it but it will be PINK!!!!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its going to be a game changer.

So it has been confirmed though, an actual mountain specific chassis coming for 2013. I still find it hard to believe.

Either way, with a new 2012 in the garage, I won't be on a different sled any sooner than 24 months. Even if I sell my '09 and pass the 2012 off to my girlfriend and had seat time on a 2013 going into next winter I don't like being the guinea pig. :)

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if any one has face book, skidoo mountain put a picture up of a 2013. its a picture of them doing photo shoots on it coming around a corner. of course theres a camera man standing right in front. kinds looks like a XR? wide looking

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it has been confirmed though, an actual mountain specific chassis coming for 2013. I still find it hard to believe.

Either way, with a new 2012 in the garage, I won't be on a different sled any sooner than 24 months. Even if I sell my '09 and pass the 2012 off to my girlfriend and had seat time on a 2013 going into next winter I don't like being the guinea pig. :)

Bounce
I know its tough to do but, without the Guinea pigs the evolution process would stall and we'd still be riding the ZX.
I'll be glad to be your Guinea pig lol

Top Bottom