Spy pics or any other credible info on the 2013's

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks to me by some of the other threads that the Poo guys are still guinea pigs with the Pro's in the 2nd year. Cracked running boards,etc. I'll be riding a 2013. Those that don't will be 1 year behind the way I see it.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope they have better color options then then 2012 models. The yellow on the black sleds is a little strange.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the guys at doo are smart enough now that whatever they release will be good to go. always a few bugs with whatever you buy, and i guess some dont like the first yr bugs, but ive bought a few machines first yr and havnt regretted it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks to me by some of the other threads that the Poo guys are still guinea pigs with the Pro's in the 2nd year. Cracked running boards,etc. I'll be riding a 2013. Those that don't will be 1 year behind the way I see it.

As long as you are on a Doo you will always be 1 year ahead of the competition regardless of what any trail riding magazine tells us :)

As far as colors go, I still wish we could at a TnT/motoski orange. Yeah the Pro did it, but thats too much orange. Last years X's were awesome, I almost couldn't wait to get one. I am glad I held out for the Black this year. The little bit of white and yellow on the black is true early Doo for me as I didn't get onto sleds until the early 80's. Almost Blizzard like. The copper, meh, it never grew on me.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if any one has face book, skidoo mountain put a picture up of a 2013. its a picture of them doing photo shoots on it coming around a corner. of course theres a camera man standing right in front. kinds looks like a XR? wide looking

Thats an XP photo taken right from the spring check promo poster. BRP mind games....not a 2013.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you are on a Doo you will always be 1 year ahead of the competition regardless of what any trail riding magazine tells us :)

As far as colors go, I still wish we could at a TnT/motoski orange. Yeah the Pro did it, but thats too much orange. Last years X's were awesome, I almost couldn't wait to get one. I am glad I held out for the Black this year. The little bit of white and yellow on the black is true early Doo for me as I didn't get onto sleds until the early 80's. Almost Blizzard like. The copper, meh, it never grew on me.

You are right on the blizzard colors. Black/orange/yellow would be awesome. As a matter of fact I would like to see the blizzard name come back into the lineup. I'm not much for generic names like Sport and LT.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is going to be new plastics, the same engine and suspension. They might be changing the chassis not for sure yet though.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is going to be new plastics, the same engine and suspension. They might be changing the chassis not for sure yet though.

The best thing they could do is get away from the torsion springs. A mountain chassis with a current skid? That would be a fail.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think were gonna see either a new chassis next year or a new motor doubt we will see both im sure sometime around feb we will know more.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not so sure about that one. suspension will not be the same. chassis will be close to the same ( concept anyways )

I hope otherwise. Doo finally ( after 10 years) seems to have a solid 800. I sure hope they bring out a real mountain chassis to go with the engine.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a Doo guy but I do hope Doo creates some more new technology that they seem to be good at. Poo finaly hit pay dirt with their new models, Cat has brought some new goodies to the race, Yamaha...well whatever. In my unbiased opinion I would like to see Doo at least fix the following:
1-Design the chassis to be tougher especially the front end and easier to fix.
2-Get the balance of the sled right...far to rider forward in my opinion.
3-Have to say it...change the overall looks so it has sex appeal. It needs to look fast just sitting still. Looks more like the dinosaur head to me.
4-Lighten up...Oh yea they tried this once...said it was stronger...opps. If the boys south of the 49th can do it and succeed then...just maybe the boys to the north can do er. I have faith.
These are the big hitters for me. Doo has some great engine technology on their side.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a Doo guy but I do hope Doo creates some more new technology that they seem to be good at. Poo finaly hit pay dirt with their new models, Cat has brought some new goodies to the race, Yamaha...well whatever. In my unbiased opinion I would like to see Doo at least fix the following:
1-Design the chassis to be tougher especially the front end and easier to fix.
2-Get the balance of the sled right...far to rider forward in my opinion.
3-Have to say it...change the overall looks so it has sex appeal. It needs to look fast just sitting still. Looks more like the dinosaur head to me.
4-Lighten up...Oh yea they tried this once...said it was stronger...opps. If the boys south of the 49th can do it and succeed then...just maybe the boys to the north can do er. I have faith.
These are the big hitters for me. Doo has some great engine technology on their side.

The look of the XP was based on the latest technology at the time.......stealth technology. It was designed to look like the F117 fighter from the US air Force. It was the most futuristic looking sled since the old Yamaha VMAX back in the day IMO. When it hit the snow it was 428 lbs for the 154 model. As light as todays Pro RMK. Yes it got heavier. There were to many complaints about it being to weak in the front end, ported track wasn't what it was cracked up to be and the ETEC engine is physically heavier as well. Anyone that thinks that the Pro is going to stay 430 lbs. is dreaming. Go read the threads on running boards cracking and other parts starting to fail. Both the Doo and the Pro can survive as 430 lb sleds because they were designed to be rode in powder....................not hit rocks and trees! You do make some good points though.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The look of the XP was based on the latest technology at the time.......stealth technology. It was designed to look like the F117 fighter from the US air Force. It was the most futuristic looking sled since the old Yamaha VMAX back in the day IMO. When it hit the snow it was 428 lbs for the 154 model. As light as todays Pro RMK. Yes it got heavier. There were to many complaints about it being to weak in the front end, ported track wasn't what it was cracked up to be and the ETEC engine is physically heavier as well. Anyone that thinks that the Pro is going to stay 430 lbs. is dreaming. Go read the threads on running boards cracking and other parts starting to fail. Both the Doo and the Pro can survive as 430 lb sleds because they were designed to be rode in powder....................not hit rocks and trees! You do make some good points though.

The Pro's need to and will get heavier. The boards are narrow. Everytime I see a Pro the owner is complaining about them being too narrow for a mountain sled. Seen lots of tunnel bracing added to them as well. They will be near 450 lbs next year.

I still think the XP is the best looking sled. The Polaris is really long in the front, and with its rearward opening panels...its just silly. Then Cat goes an does the same thing. Those little clips on the Polaris panels are a dumb idea too.

One tweak to the Pro's front bumper and nothing closes anymore either as everything has to line up with that bumper.

Don't forget the paint on the X's makes it heavier by a few pounds. I'll take a few pounds for paint anyday. The snow doesn't stick to it as bad. I don't see why the front end needs to be easier to fix? Don't run into anything.

A Doo can drop quite a few pounds very easily. The Etec can is heavy, the foam soaks up water pretty quick, dump that. The tool holder plastics and other sound proof items, ditch them. Doo's also come with 4 idlers. If its a big deal, lose those and then you are in the Pro's weight range. All that and we still don't have a silly fuel resistor plug.

I'll take their skid though, they did that right. Good attack angle, good suspension.

Top Bottom