Spy pics or any other credible info on the 2013's

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched all the new videos, a couple of comments:

1) Nice touch with the running boards, been a long time coming!
2) Allowing the rider to put his feet farther forward on the boards is a good idea.
3) Bars still look way to high for my preference - I generally prefer lower than most because that gives me control on a steep climb when I want to pull my body forward and low on the sled. Easy fix anyway.
4) Not sure about the whole tilting rear skid and bendy track. If my suspicions are correct, this will tend to want to "walk" the track off or into the sliders, at least causing more side wear, and may make the sled tend to walk out of the hill when the snow conditions are a little stiffer. I am hoping to be proved wrong on this one.
5) They finally figured out the seat!!! They used to have a lower seat, on the 2011/2012 we were swapping that tall seat out for a low one.
6) Gauges were not a problem for me before - I could usually read them quite well on a power climb when it's important to know where your clutching is at.
7) Love the styling, especially the orange highlights.

They need to go lighter, but NOT the way Polaris has. Real mountain riders appreciate the 16" wide track. A stock XP with a 163x16x2.5 non-ported track will positively waste the equivelant Polaris on a hillclimb and in any heavy powder riding simply because it has good floatation and more traction. In fact, I have a 2002 Summit 800 with a 162x16x2.5 track under it that will walk right on by the 800RMK guys even though the old sled is giving up quite a bit of horsepower to the Polaris. Ask me how I know :p

Were the blankets wet when you woke up ? LOL

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to martins west to see the xm. So far it looks fantastic. I got on it and tipped from left to right And the whole sled tips instead of twisting at the front. A nice touch I am sure. The new panels, features, and look is very refined. Tips over with 1 arm and a half a pull. I Likey. March 11 In sicamous for my test ride Will be stellar.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
question when everyone talks about the PRO are they meaning the PRO Climb or the PRO Rmk I'm confused with all the PRO's out there

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched the dealer response..... and saw my dealer on there. Wicked reviews.

2013 Ski-Doo Summit: Dealer Reaction - YouTube

Just watched that video. I really wish I could make it to a demo ride, but can't make any of the dates/locations work. Gonna try my damnedest to ride one next season. I hope some other Pro riders demo the XM and come on here with an honest comparison between the two. Very, very interested.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody talks about the Pro Climb except for cat guys and even they are embarrased.

Whoa whoa lol. If you make fun of a cat, your making fun of a doo. They copied it so well they even have the belt issue down pat. except for the fact cat is giving their customers a new belt, rather than doo giving you the shaft... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised by the dealer reactions, not like they are going to say anyone who bought a 2012 shouldn't buy a new one. Of course they will say its amazing, now come buy one!! Would rather see normal buyers reactions. Just saying..

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be the normal buyers reactions to come. Just wait.

Is anyone surprised by the dealer reactions, not like they are going to say anyone who bought a 2012 shouldn't buy a new one. Of course they will say its amazing, now come buy one!! Would rather see normal buyers reactions. Just saying..

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
When I saw cuso's post I went down to martin to take a look. When you look at the track and the tm suspension you think how can that small change make any difference. But when you pull it over it comes all the way with very limited effort and a very balanced feel. When you compare it to a 12 and 09 in the show room it is big improvement.I now feel very comfortable that the things I did not like about my 08 are fixed and I can buy with confidence. Now it only comes down to which sled manufacture has the best value on their spring check offer.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the difference with the doo and the cat and blowing belts was the doo was 2008 and the cat is 2012 once again cat has produced an epic fail!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new chassie looks sweet, think the poo is not going to be talked about much after a guys get more time on the xm, sounds like 30 easy pounds can be removed from the chassie, no extra fuel caddy is needed like the poos and fit and finsh is top quality

etec bb are really running well, so this sled could be knocking on 180hp for it debu next nov, for the selected few...:canada:and aerocharger plans to release a dealer installed turbo package to take power well into the two hundreds

that sounds like its going to be a fast year... the 142hp sleds are going to fade away

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody talks about the Pro Climb except for cat guys and even they are embarrased.

Emabrrassed??? of what??? Cat always had a great sidehilling sled even with the M series!! So you can now sidehill with the doo....right on.....about time.....so you are just catching up with the other brands capabilities......woo hoo!!!........albeit, you are getting to that level of sidehiiling differently but admit it....the doo tanks were a bit of a sidehill nightmare.....now , according to the dealer video....they are flickable...???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Emabrrassed??? of what??? Cat always had a great sidehilling sled even with the M series!! So you can now sidehill with the doo....right on.....about time.....so you are just catching up with the other brands capabilities......woo hoo!!!........albeit, you are getting to that level of sidehiiling differently but admit it....the doo tanks were a bit of a sidehill nightmare.....now , according to the dealer video....they are flickable...???

Haha that's laughable. Any newb can sidehill any xp for miles with little effort. Now I guess its even easier? Cool. You can not sidehill a sled without tapered runningboards (poo,cat) aswell as you can a sled with them (doo). I think you'd poop your pants if you tried some of the sidehills we do on our doos linksys. Again the pro chassis is ok for women and new riders. If you want to get serious with mountain riding. And move to the next level linksys you need a doo. Your not going to get there with 142hp,15 wide track with a llug comparable with my shop broom and a chassis that handles like a noodle with clutches that feel like they turn 142hp into 120hp. Just sayin....rode lots of them pro rmkants

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha that's laughable. Any newb can sidehill any xp for miles with little effort. Now I guess its even easier? Cool. You can not sidehill a sled without tapered runningboards (poo,cat) aswell as you can a sled with them (doo). I think you'd poop your pants if you tried some of the sidehills we do on our doos linksys. Again the pro chassis is ok for women and new riders. If you want to get serious with mountain riding. And move to the next level linksys you need a doo. Your not going to get there with 142hp,15 wide track with a llug comparable with my shop broom and a chassis that handles like a noodle with clutches that feel like they turn 142hp into 120hp. Just sayin....rode lots of them pro rmkants

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

HA HA....I'll buy a Doo whe you buy a CAT.......uhhh, nevermind, no I won't

I think you will own a Cat before I consider a Doo.......we all know that you are a closet Cat wannabee......lol

142 hp??? what year are you in??? Cat hasn't made a 142 hp since 2009.......wtf??

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah sure see a lot of cats out there...........NOT! Yeah heard aerocharger and doo are workin on a little somethin and good to hear fred that the BB is workin well on the etecs it just proves naturally aspirated or boosted the doo is still the best. and ya that pro is a chassis with trainning wheels same with the m series chassis.

Top Bottom