Spy pics or any other credible info on the 2013's

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Poo must have caught wind and scrambled this abortion together to save face

426387_372063952805836_129298157082418_1496292_501082788_n.jpg

And to think its all because doo released a sled with a heated glove box. lol

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to call a truce on 3 of these threads Glen and just go at it on one. I'm starting to get confused who were talking to anymore. Lol.

This I can agree on. This jumping back and forth from one thread to another is getting old !

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But it's meant for standing up, and goggles...so no touring allowed...

I see Burandt didn't "flick" the thumbs up on this one.. I guess there are some things money can't buy.

Actually, it was released first. Doo sure can copy an idea f'in quick ! When I saw that, I thought good idea, but why so goddamn big ? Looks fine behind the 36" touring windshield.

Fly'in W

Reaction score
Could happen tomorrow 7:45 am at The Princess Auto parking lot! LMFAO!!
it IS funny,,, some of these guys just CANNOT admit that there is better aspects to other brands even if doo has got an upper hand on some things, they are by all means not the be all end all, fn comical,,,keep grillin em poo boys, somebodies about to go postal! we ll be reading about some fanatical murderous doo owners knocking off peeps because they won't conform to their beliefs in the paper. Goooo unibrow!!!

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We,ve already got more posts about the new Doo's than the Pro threads and Cat Proclimb problems put together. Lol.[/QUOTE

That's because on the Cat thread, Maxwell had his tantrum after his feelers got hurt.......kind of killed the fun when he blew a gasket and said he was quitting Snow & Mud FOREVER.....(forever was about 3 days)....and the post simmered down to Cat guys talking about their sleds.......just the facts

Here, you have almost 500 posts of ????? nothing.....but is is fun to read..

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, it was released first. Doo sure can copy an idea f'in quick ! When I saw that, I thought good idea, but why so goddamn big ? Looks fine behind the 36" touring windshield.

Actually Cat had that goggle warming idea first. I used it all year on my proclimb and let me tell ya, toasty googles are quite nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must say im not concerned about the weight of the new summit. I was hopeing that they would lose atleast a few pounds, but at the end of the day i still think doo has a winner. People that think doo will ever weight a little as the poo are idiots, we have a bigger engine,and way more track. Doo just found a way to make 460 feel like 415 without sacificing strength or quality.

Unfortunately i dont think doo has a winner when it comes to selling the new summit. People understand weight loss in a sled, they dont understand t motion no matter how awesome it is. The only way skidoo is gonna sell these sleds like they should is to put everybody on one to show the difference. I for one had planned on buying the 2013 until the release. I think i will wait yet another year to see what they come up with and to make sure all the new stuff holds together and i can get a demo.

Overall there was to much hype, left many disappointed, which wouldnt be the case if everybody had a chance to ride it.

Cant wait to see any side by side comparisons between poo and doo for 2013.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I expected more from Doo, but it`s a up tick. but I would like to see it in person vs. the web photos.

MURFDOG

Reaction score
I was sitting on one at the dealer today, they have a couple of proto type's in. I've got to say they feel pretty darn nice, easy to roll up on edge. The new rear skid looks nice, the pivot on the rear arm looks like it will work well. I liked the new bars, they fit me just right for width also the new running boards are wide up front and really taper off toward the back, they felt sturdy. I would really like to take one for a rip just to see how it feels compared to my Pro, all in all I was impressed.

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
Watched all the new videos, a couple of comments:

1) Nice touch with the running boards, been a long time coming!
2) Allowing the rider to put his feet farther forward on the boards is a good idea.
3) Bars still look way to high for my preference - I generally prefer lower than most because that gives me control on a steep climb when I want to pull my body forward and low on the sled. Easy fix anyway.
4) Not sure about the whole tilting rear skid and bendy track. If my suspicions are correct, this will tend to want to "walk" the track off or into the sliders, at least causing more side wear, and may make the sled tend to walk out of the hill when the snow conditions are a little stiffer. I am hoping to be proved wrong on this one.
5) They finally figured out the seat!!! They used to have a lower seat, on the 2011/2012 we were swapping that tall seat out for a low one.
6) Gauges were not a problem for me before - I could usually read them quite well on a power climb when it's important to know where your clutching is at.
7) Love the styling, especially the orange highlights.

They need to go lighter, but NOT the way Polaris has. Real mountain riders appreciate the 16" wide track. A stock XP with a 163x16x2.5 non-ported track will positively waste the equivelant Polaris on a hillclimb and in any heavy powder riding simply because it has good floatation and more traction. In fact, I have a 2002 Summit 800 with a 162x16x2.5 track under it that will walk right on by the 800RMK guys even though the old sled is giving up quite a bit of horsepower to the Polaris. Ask me how I know :p

Top Bottom