Spot2 Recall

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody get a recall on there Spot2 to be sent back and new one sent out in early 2010 with a month added on to your contract.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
December 14, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Spot LLC is dedicated to providing the highest quality and best performance products to our customers, therefore,
Spot LLC will be conducting a voluntary return on any new model SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger ˙ (SPOT 2)
purchased since October 1, 2009. During recent testing, we discovered that some of the new SPOT 2 devices might
not meet battery and messaging operating specifications.

We highly recommend you return your product for replacement at your earliest convenience. Please visit
for complete details. Replacement product will be available in early 2010. Spot LLC
guarantees we will exchange your product free of charge and send your replacement unit when product is available.

This notice does not affect the original SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker (SPOT 1) devices. Customers can easily
identify the unaffected SPOT 1 product as it is clearly marked as the SPOT Personal Tracker. The operating condition
does not apply to any other SPOT products.

Sincerely,

The SPOT Team

Captain-sno

Reaction score
I got it to, but when I logged onto my account and went to the area they said to, it did not give the message that will pop up for the affected units. It is not all of them that need replacement, but it makes a guy unsure...

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it to, but when I logged onto my account and went to the area they said to, it did not give the message that will pop up for the affected units. It is not all of them that need replacement, but it makes a guy unsure...

Same with mine not one of them.

Top Bottom