Spot GPS

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone still using a Spot device? My little brother asked if I still had one so I dug it out of my bin of stuff. Looked and its US$150 for a year subscription, wondering if there is a better option, or if anyone has found a promo code to restart their subscription.

Cheers!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of them after being ripped off a couple years ago, they work great but are expensive I too would like to find a cheaper option. I emailed them said too expensive could you offer any discount and they did, $100 Us per device.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of them after being ripped off a couple years ago, they work great but are expensive I too would like to find a cheaper option. I emailed them said too expensive could you offer any discount and they did, $100 Us per device.
InReach by Delorme, now owned by Garmin. You used to have the option of suspending you subscription when not using it when Delorme own it. I pay $36.70 a month.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies has one. We used it up on the hill a few weeks back to send a text for a parts run, but the text never made it though. Inreach seems to work better in my experience.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get an Inreach, the device is far more capable than a spot will ever be. They also run on 2 totally different satellite networks.

The Spot runs on the Globalstar system which has 24 satellites orbiting earth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalstar

The Inreach runs on the Iridium constellation and has 66 satellites orbiting the earth guaranteeing that at any moment you can connect to one if you have a clear view of the sky, and makes it far more likely to be able to connect in an area with obstacles in the way such as mountains. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridium_satellite_constellation

I have had it take over an hour to send a message from a Spot device, but it never takes more than 5 minutes to send a message from my Inreach, and in an emergency those minutes can easily be the difference between life and death.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
InReach by Delorme, now owned by Garmin. You used to have the option of suspending you subscription when not using it when Delorme own it. I pay $36.70 a month.

Still the same. 3 bucks a month to suspend.
I just reactivated mine today.

Top Bottom