sportsman water pump trouble

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
:rant:iv owned my sportsman 800 for a year and needed to get work done on it three times cause dirt kept getting in my water pump i snorkled my over flow cap and it lasted three weeks befor i hade to bring it in again for the same problem i got stuck in really thin mud and had to shut down my atv to go get help the mud did not go over my over flow but when i came back i could see green coolent in the mud. i washed the atv it was comming from the weep hole and the pump needed to be fixed again people have told me that mud cant be getting in through the weep hole but the dealler said it was how ells could it be and how should i snorkal the weep hole cause im going to just to play it safe. other then that i love my sports man:d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you don't need to snorkel your weep hole. the coolant needs to be flushed when the seal gets changes or its just going to happen again.

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
they flushed the whole system and snorkaled the over flow. still happend the told me to snorkal it some how or pack the weep every day i drive it or they said its gonna keep happening. my post is more of a warning rather then a question. be happy it hasnt happend to you. :(

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had water pump seals go out on my quads but it has been like 1 every 1000 km. its gonna happen when you ride in mud and water but there is oviously something else wrong if they keep going out that fast.

Top Bottom