Split Second Porting

rmk8u2

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking at getting Ralph to do his port/head mod's on my 2016 800Etec. Wondering if anyone else has done this to the newer Etec's. I know it showed big gains on the older ones.
Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ralph is an honest builder. he'll tell you exactly what you'll gain before he does the work if you follow his recommendations

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard good about him, i used Bondi on my etec. What an awesome improvement. Great price and service too.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the factory left anything on the table given the stock power levels these engines have now. Is the porting giving up midrange torque and making more HP by shifting the torque curve to the right? Or is the improvement right across the RPM range?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the factory left anything on the table given the stock power levels these engines have now. Is the porting giving up midrange torque and making more HP by shifting the torque curve to the right? Or is the improvement right across the RPM range?

Bondi's improved all the way through. Mine was totally different machine. Pulled very hard.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly ralph said a honest 12hp he seen, couple from his y pipe as well.. Baker runs that in his 14 for years and strayed away and always comes back to it.. Some of us might even think he has the edge on a few 850s:beer:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fuel quality. You need to run Av. With porting.

rmk8u2

Reaction score
Talked with Ralph tonight, gonna go with his porting,head work,Y pipe, dynoport pipe,specialty sleds can. We will put her on the dyno after all that and she what she does...Baker also sent me his clutch setup so between him and what Ralph has for clutching options I should be sitting on a whole new sled...lol
Gonna need to mix some Av but that's ok. Ran Ralph's ported motor with his twin pipes on my old 800 RMK,Nothing like the smell of Av gas in the morning....

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly ralph said a honest 12hp he seen, couple from his y pipe as well.. Baker runs that in his 14 for years and strayed away and always comes back to it.. Some of us might even think he has the edge on a few 850s:beer:

Thought Baker was working with Linderman on some porting. Maybe more bad info...

rmk8u2

Reaction score
He might be now, as Daryl had Ralph do this work a few years back.... I think Brent, Ralph and Daryl all keep in touch when talking engine/sled mods.
I'm just waiting to break mine in a bit before I take it to Ralph, No snow up here to even take a ride in the fields.:rant:

Last edited:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Specialty sleds has an xm with split seconds porting and head mod. They say it's awesome. Call rob and ask. He knows his stuff

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

rmk8u2

Reaction score
Had her on the Dyno last night....166HP and 107.4ft-lb @ 8100RPM. Not bad considering I still have 17% left on the break-in. Once I add a couple deg of timing should be sitting around 170HP....Good Job Ralph!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you Dyno the stock engine so you have a baseline?

rmk8u2

Reaction score
Unfortunately not, suppose to dyno a buddy's '16. He wants to get the same work done. The 16's are suppose to be around the 145-150 mark.

GregW

Reaction score
These sleds that Ralph's doing his magic on, I presume you are running fuel controllers on them, did Ralph build your fuel map or did you do that yourself, lastly, what fuel blend are you running to get your 166 hp? I've toyed with doing an 872 BB but also am a long time fan of Ralph's handiwork and that's a great option as well.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
158HP stock on Bondi's dyno, 172HP with his porting. No fuel controller required, 91 octane pump gas. Trick is in the squish.

Top Bottom