Split Second Porting

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sleds that Ralph's doing his magic on, I presume you are running fuel controllers on them, did Ralph build your fuel map or did you do that yourself, lastly, what fuel blend are you running to get your 166 hp? I've toyed with doing an 872 BB but also am a long time fan of Ralph's handiwork and that's a great option as well.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I just spent 2 days on my Linderman 875. Holy smokes!!!! You might want to look at that as an option also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregW

Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing, done and pulling the rope, what did it cost you to do the 875?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing, done and pulling the rope, what did it cost you to do the 875?

I would have to sit down and figure it out as I had clutching/gearing/chain, reeds, billet thermostat that was in my '14 re-installed in my '16, some maintenance work done, then added the rave valve mod (like the old p-tec, they have figured out a way around the e-tec computer issue), new y-pipe, some computer tweaking and then the motor tear down, parts sent off to Linderman for him to work his magic and then re-assembly.

What I do remember from the bill was the cylinder boring/porting, re-nic, pistons and head work was $3500(motor parts only) not including labor for disassembly and reassembly.

Your best to call Dean @ Mad Motorsports for a better quote. I'm not sure I could figure out how much labour was just for the motor and how much was for my other work.

** No fuel controller and running 91 pump gas

Last edited:

rmk8u2

Reaction score
These sleds that Ralph's doing his magic on, I presume you are running fuel controllers on them, did Ralph build your fuel map or did you do that yourself, lastly, what fuel blend are you running to get your 166 hp? I've toyed with doing an 872 BB but also am a long time fan of Ralph's handiwork and that's a great option as well.

No fuel controller,running 50/50 Av and premium gas.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to derail the thread, but I just spent 2 days on my Linderman 875. Holy smokes!!!! You might want to look at that as an option also.

If I was to go down the BB road again, without a doubt, the sled would be going to Hillcrest. Linderman is a straight shooter and knows where to make HP.

rmk8u2

Reaction score
Yup,
I almost pulled the trigger on the 875 but thought I would just port the XM for now. The next sled will be an 850 and I'll let Ralph have at it.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup,
I almost pulled the trigger on the 875 but thought I would just port the XM for now. The next sled will be an 850 and I'll let Ralph have at it.

How many Kms have you logged on since work was done ?

rmk8u2

Reaction score
Was out on the weekend, let me tell ya, with the timing advanced and the proper gearing this sled is a whole new machine...Very impressed and so was the guys I was riding with.
Now, I just need a Racers Edge suspension to keep her from wheeling all the way up the hill. I see now why Daryl still runs his '14!!

Top Bottom